Progress Thread Snow - 93 GT Vert. My first Ford, Mustang, convertible, ...

• Sponsors (?)

Is it just the tape that's dry rotting? If you want to go through the dropping of your headliner you can cut of the old tape and retape it. If it's the wire this is a simple harness to make.
Its the wire. Maybe I havnt looked in the right places, but where can I order them? I dont mind cleaning this one if they are easy to take apart. So far, all the housings just needed some wire brushing.

Going back together pretty good so far. It’s just like a damn LEGO set.

75B939C4-E11D-4F01-8E21-3027822CEFE5.jpeg

That said, I swear I’ve done the steering wheel console, jacket, and metal plate thingy like 5 times as I did things in the wrong order and had to undo it.

I may have reassembled the steering console now 6 times due to not understanding the order or events. However, I just replaced the screen on my kids iPhone 6s. So there ...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Its the wire. Maybe I havnt looked in the right places, but where can I order them? I dont mind cleaning this one if they are easy to take apart. So far, all the housings just needed some wire brushing.
I don't know if you could find or would want to use an OEM one since it'll be pretty old as well. I also don't know anyone making that particular harness......except maybe Ron Francis Wiring.

If they don't have one on their website, they'll make exactly what you want.

Silly question I think, but does anyone know what this is for?

I don’t think I missed any connections. I’m pretty sure I reconnected all HVAC connections and it’s working. It looks like it goes in the direction of the HVAC.

Any ideas?

65CE0D7A-31DD-4B79-AB65-FA710EA97477.jpeg

If I remember correctly there are two connectors, one gray and one black?
after some searching I found pics of the stereo connectors and they are different than what you have pictured, so it is still a mystery, sorry.

Last edited: