Progress Thread Snow - 93 GT Vert. My first Ford, Mustang, convertible, ...

• Sponsors (?)

Lol
IMG_2709.jpeg

What kind of hose is this? It is special?
Can I use this stuff? Already have it

5 Feet Length High Temperature Silicone Vacuum Tubing Hose for Multiple Use (Black,1/4 inch, 6 mm) https://a.co/d/cmXsQ6j

IMG_2712.jpeg

Im thinking yes on the hose:

-5c5c-4a79-979c-788bd09dc3b7._CR0,0,100,100_UX110_.jpg
Kim Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than OEM vacuum lines.
Reviewed in the United States on April 8, 2022
Color: 5/32,BlackSize: 5/32 Inch, 4 mmVerified Purchase
I recently had a check engine light on my pickup that pertained to a vacuum line issue that caused an intake manifold runner control valve to be stuck open. Upon inspection of the vacuum lines, I found a crack in one of the rubber OEM vacuum hoses. It was hard and brittle due to age and heat from the nearby engine block. This new silicone vacuum hose was del

Aight - these super awesome ARP studs should be here shortly. The amazing washers too. Gonna watch a gazillion videos on how to install the intake with studs

I believe @General karthief mentioned to use a little oil with the washers. This still correct with these special washers?

Green light on the silicone hose here too. I would replace all those lines with it as they are all probably in bad shape.

Put some ARP lube between the nut and the surface of the washer it contacts. Remember a little bit goes a long way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
How do I know how far to put the studs in since they won’t bottom out? Just enough? Dealers choice?

I’m speculating the instructions will tell me. If not, I’ll prolly just do it to eye guessing.

Edit: Looking at the packaging from online, im speculating i should tighten until it bottoms (tops?) out?

Last edited:
one of the intake bolts is hex and kottered? Is this for the drivers side one near the firewall that originally had the stud?

I’ll do some searching, just odd and I missed if the online instructions had anything. No instructions on package.

IMG_2714.jpeg
IMG_2715.jpeg

one of the intake bolts is hex and kottered? Is this for the drivers side one near the firewall that originally had the stud?

I’ll do some searching, just odd and I missed if the online instructions had anything. No instructions on package.

IMG_2714.jpeg
IMG_2715.jpeg
No instructions on this kit. I may just call Arp today as I’m super curious.

My speculation is this is for that one original stud intake. Allen’d so that the second nut can be removed in the future without potentially un-torquing the stud.

I’m still a little perplexed with the hole. Do they really recommend a koetter pin there “just in case” that second nut starts coming loose? OEM certainly didn’t have anything like that.

@JAA - I have no idea as to why only the one stud has a hex end and the hole through it. I would not worry about it and just move on. The only lower intake stud that is used to attach something on the Coupe is the one for the heater core tubes on the passenger side and it just has a washer and regular hex nut and does not back off.

@General karthief - I reworded post #649 to get rid of the facial....:doh:

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user