So, how long until I have to sell a kidney for a tranny?(Tremec ????'s)

My friend has a N/A 95 Cobra, and he just blew his second stock T-5. My car SHOULD(I dont know if its running 100%) be making way more power then he is, and I am still on my stock tranny. Im gonna start heading to the track more often, and I have a feeling my tranny isnt exactly up for that. How can I minimize stress on mine? At the track wednesday I am gonna baby it into 3rd because I have heard that is the weakest gear. What about the Tremecs? How much power is the 3550 good for? How loud are the 3550/TKO 500/600? I have a feeling this is going to get expensive.

• Sponsors (?)

If i were you i would atleast get the TKO if not the new 500/600 series. From what i read i think the regular 3550 isnt all that great. And like u said, your car is making some pretty damn good power.

My 600 isnt any louder than my t-5 was. Maybe a LITTLE bit knotchier but not a huge difference. I was expecting more of a difference. BUT i have heard guys complain about noise and it being hard to shift. I dont know what it is about tremecs, seems some guys love em and others hate them.

I would baby every gear :lol: You are right abour 3rd though. No power shifting as u already probably know. Hopefully u have a shortthrow shifter with built in stops. Take your time and hit the gears with accuracy. Wait to get the tremec to go balls to the wall:nice:

That is...unless u want to break it :lol:

I had a T5 built up stronger than stock for 700$ shipped according to the builder:

high alloy T5 has a cluster gear,2nd and 3rd gear which are made with
a higher nickel content to increase their strength over the standard T5
gears. They are about 30% stronger than stock.

if you want his email lemme know