So I put a downpayment on a Ranger instead of the GTP Grand Prix

trav_19

Oct 29, 2006
Jackson, MI
haha reminds me of my buddy he had an old impala and he tubed his washer fluid so the hose came into the glove box and he filled his tank with wiskey haha!!!

• Sponsors(?)

parastang

May 26, 2006
congrats on the truck!! i had 2 mustangs and ended up trading in the 05 vert for an f 150. try putting your kid in a rear facing car seat in the back of a vert!! i am very happy with the whole truck thing. all in all i think it will be a great purchase for ya!!:)

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
Thats nice. Nice color to! My dad just bought me a ranger. 02 extented cab. So i can use for his work. its crashed right now and its getting frixed.

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
time for the 5.0 swap!
absolutely not! ahahah

this vehicle is staying mod free....it's exactly how i want it, right now...maybe a few accessories, that's all

an update on the situation...bad time to try and make a deal, the bank didn't answer back in time for the financing, so we have to wait till either just before new years or just after, so they can get the safety and e-tests done and i can get it plated and on the road

That does piss me off a bit, i wanted to take the truck to the girlfriend's family dinner in Cambridge Ontario this weekend, but I guess that'll have to wait

xr8d302

Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
no no, trust me on this one....

All of my mods will be directed towards the mustang, I have no reason to mod this, since the girlfriend will be driving it as well

I know too well about the mod bug, but this vehicle doesn't excite me about it's performance potential, it is simply a reliable and practical form of transportation to and from work and around town

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
I hear that - don't hose with the DD too much. What's the point anyhow.

Sorry to hear the process slowed down. Typical.

Good luck with it!

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
Visit site
nice truck.... i had a ranger before i got my stang.
93' 4x4 ext cab with the 4.0 v6, manual......sure it was slow as hell but it was a nice little truck

Now im all about the fullsize broncos!

SeventyMach1

Keep it lubed .... keep it straight .... and keep
Mar 30, 2005
North Carolina
www.xtrememustangs.com
Ranger's are awesome. Hopefully you'll be the proud owner of a nice looking "Vulcan" truck. I can't recall the name of that color, but many call it "no sale blue". For some reason Ford seemed to have a problem selling them in that color. No one really has an answer ..... it is a really nice color. It doesn't have a TON of power, but it's great for a Ranger. Decent torque. I have hauled many loads of gravel in my old Vulcan and you could barely tell I had a load. If you have any questions, I maybe can help you out. I have owned a few of them, lol. From 4 bangers to V-8's.

P.S., the Vulcan sounds awesome with dual Flowmaster 40's. For a V6 anyway. :D

GRGT1994

Sep 22, 2004
Looks nice and a wise choice over the GP. I like GM but really don't like GPs. They scream white trash secretary cars to me.
LOL. I think a V6 Mustang is the quintessential "white trash secretary car." So I'm not sure that's exactly the analogy you want to draw attention to.

1red95gt

Dec 22, 2006
Three Rivers, Mi
Nice ranger man. Having a truck for a dd makes you appreciate having a mustang. I know it did for me. I don't think you'll to many problems getting that around in the snow. My f150 is 2wd and has the 4x4 suspenison... I haven't any trouble hear in michigan!(hell, I even race the thing) congrats and have fun!

Black95GTS

Jan 8, 2004
Marlborough, MA
no no, trust me on this one....

All of my mods will be directed towards the mustang, I have no reason to mod this, since the girlfriend will be driving it as well

I know too well about the mod bug, but this vehicle doesn't excite me about it's performance potential, it is simply a reliable and practical form of transportation to and from work and around town
I said that same thing when I got my truck.

Guess who is currently pricing aftermarket navigation headunits, component speakers, and a sub (or two)?

It's 6 of one or 1 half dozen of the other my friend.

Adam

xr8d302

Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I said that same thing when I got my truck.

Guess who is currently pricing aftermarket navigation headunits, component speakers, and a sub (or two)?

It's 6 of one or 1 half dozen of the other my friend.

Adam

haha, this is true.

However, the mods you mentioned are moreless accessories....by saying that I won't mod this vehicle means that I won't slam it, or jack it up, or buy aftermarket parts for under the hood

:nice:

vp6799

Aug 15, 2006
Massachusetts
haha, this is true.

However, the mods you mentioned are moreless accessories....by saying that I won't mod this vehicle means that I won't slam it, or jack it up, or buy aftermarket parts for under the hood
:nice:
Surrrrrrre You say that now, Lets see the truck after you own if for more that 6 months....:D

Vic

Matt's 03 GT

Aug 28, 2006
Orange County
This is the exact reason to buy one. I have an '01 with 65,000 trouble free miles on it. Only fluid changes and one front brake job... and it runs like it did new. I bought the truck new for $9,750 and can sell it now (6 years later) for about 5-6K!!! Great trucks and the 100 HP :nonono: will sure make you appreciate the mustang! :hail2:

xr8d302

Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Ranger's are awesome. Hopefully you'll be the proud owner of a nice looking "Vulcan" truck. I can't recall the name of that color, but many call it "no sale blue". For some reason Ford seemed to have a problem selling them in that color. No one really has an answer ..... it is a really nice color. It doesn't have a TON of power, but it's great for a Ranger. Decent torque. I have hauled many loads of gravel in my old Vulcan and you could barely tell I had a load. If you have any questions, I maybe can help you out. I have owned a few of them, lol. From 4 bangers to V-8's.

P.S., the Vulcan sounds awesome with dual Flowmaster 40's. For a V6 anyway. :D
I forgot to say thanks for the offer and the info, apparently you are the Ranger guru around here :nice:

I'll probably take you up on the offer about questions in the future...starting with this, how did it get the Vulcan name?

xr8d302

Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
This is the exact reason to buy one. I have an '01 with 65,000 trouble free miles on it. Only fluid changes and one front brake job... and it runs like it did new. I bought the truck new for $9,750 and can sell it now (6 years later) for about 5-6K!!! Great trucks and the 100 HP :nonono: will sure make you appreciate the mustang! :hail2:

Is it really only a 100 hp? Wow, that's quite humorous...:D

It felt rather decent for power, but like I said earlier, the power doesn't excite me so much as the convenience of throwing my military kit in the back when I go to work