So I put a downpayment on a Ranger instead of the GTP Grand Prix

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
As the title says, today I decided against the Grand Prix that I was looking at, for something a little more versatile, and something brand loyal

It's shortbox, flare side, 3.0 litre V6. 2wd, but has a 4x4 suspension. Oversize tires, fog lamps, a bed liner, and a decent color as well, I'm really happy with this vehicle...I can put stuff in the back!

The Grand Prix was just too risky. It sat for a while, there were obvious issues with it, and I didn't want to shell out for something that I would have had to pay more for, in another month, had something gone horribly wrong

Tomorrow, I'll find out if i'm accepted for the financing, and hopefully this will be in my driveway for our sunny warm christmas up here in Ontario. (Yes, we're having a warm.....above freezing....sunny Christmas up north)

Some pics from the little dealership

photos_2419_1.jpg

photos_2419_2.jpg

photos_2419_3.jpg

View attachment 415537

Tell me what ya's think

Attachments

• photos_2419_1.jpg
    photos_2419_1.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 92
  • photos_2419_2.jpg
    photos_2419_2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 83
  • photos_2419_3.jpg
    photos_2419_3.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Sponsors (?)

I'd get it too. :nice:
Little trucks like that are pretty cool for miscellaneous hauling, etc.

It seems to me that Justin is the resident Ranger expert - he will be in later to quote spec's I'm sure. :nice:

Good luck with it!

Looks nice and a wise choice over the GP. I like GM but really don't like GPs. They scream white trash secretary cars to me.

However...that combo is probably the worst in a ranger. 2WD and a 3.0. I mean if all you are going to use it for is a simple commuter and driver, great. Snow in 2WD rangers is no fun at all.

Good luck and congrats on the purchase.

Thanks for the comments and feedback, fella's

QUIKSVT that truck is hot!

Ben95cobra8594 said:
Looks nice and a wise choice over the GP. I like GM but really don't like GPs. They scream white trash secretary cars to me.

However...that combo is probably the worst in a ranger. 2WD and a 3.0. I mean if all you are going to use it for is a simple commuter and driver, great. Snow in 2WD rangers is no fun at all.

Good luck and congrats on the purchase.

It is fully for a commuter, to get me to work and around without the cost of fuel like it would in my Mustang. I don't do any offroading, and the snow issue can be solved with weight slammed into the back of it. I don't worry about driving in snow, I've done it most of my life :nice:

Hey Doug, great idea, a keg would make great weight for the rear end in the snow! haha

JT, I've always looked at Rangers myself, and the idea of having something to do dirty jobs in, makes me happy...plus, i can even wash the interior out with a hose

There's just too much leaning towards why this truck will help me, especially with the Mustang torn apart in it's current state. It also makes me feel like I'm much farther from the ground than I am....I'm liking that considering my daily commuter at this point is a Mazda Protege :lol:

The truck is definitely the better way to go.

I've had my stang for forever it seems now. When the Acura RSX first came out, I got my wife one and we liked it alot. However, it was basically as functional as the stang: 2 doors, not much room, a worthless backseat, and about the same size. Gas mileage was way better in the RSX, but essentially it duplicated my car. Two years ago, we traded it in for a Grand Cherokee and couldn't be happier. Now we can haul stuff, fit 4 or 5 adults comfortably, and I can tow stuff. A truck would have been even better for hauling, but one big consideration was vacation and traveling longer distances (i.e. comfort and not an open truck bed).

From now on, I'll always have two "different" vehicles. Now I've got leverage on maybe getting a small boat since I can tow it now. :)

My .02.

I'd rather drive my stang in the snow with snow tires, then my F150 in the snow in 2wd mode.

Just my personal opinion and first hand experience on how they handle. Ranger's are nice trucks, I was ready to get one, but I saw the used F150 and the price was awesome. I couldn't turn it down.

Also, think about your hobbies and such. The regular cab looks the best but really limits what you can haul. I hunt, fish, go camping, golf, play sports ets... and unless you always want that stuff in the bed of your truck you are better off going extended cab, because its tough to have a passenger and fit your crap in the cab in case of rain.

If you actively plan to work your truck at all, a short bed short cab 2wd is not practical.

Adam

nice looking truck
those offroad tires on a 2 wheel drive are going to be no fun if theres any snow on the road.
the stance looks alright since it is a two wheel drive, cant dog on you because your not the one who took all the time and sweet to transfer all of it into a 2wd. haha,
you will def. like it better than the gtp, like i mentioned in the trailer help thread you can put tools and engines or whatever in the back you have a traveling shop now.

who hoo!!

hope you get finaced good luck

Thanks for the comments and feedback, fella's

QUIKSVT that truck is hot!

It is fully for a commuter, to get me to work and around without the cost of fuel like it would in my Mustang. I don't do any offroading, and the snow issue can be solved with weight slammed into the back of it. I don't worry about driving in snow, I've done it most of my life :nice:

Hey Doug, great idea, a keg would make great weight for the rear end in the snow! haha

JT, I've always looked at Rangers myself, and the idea of having something to do dirty jobs in, makes me happy...plus, i can even wash the interior out with a hose

There's just too much leaning towards why this truck will help me, especially with the Mustang torn apart in it's current state. It also makes me feel like I'm much farther from the ground than I am....I'm liking that considering my daily commuter at this point is a Mazda Protege :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Better Yet Two Keggerinos for the back for weight! :lol: :lol: :lol: Tap one for the driver and passenger in the cab and then the other is for the passengers in the bed! :nice: