The Tragic Tale of ElSuperPinto

I don't know. The II is locked in the shop. We got iced in pretty bad today (for us), and the only two with four-wheel-drive are me and the service manager, so no point in opening up.

I didn't necessarily mean today.... :shrug:

And, out of curiosity, are the holes there for the stock turn signals? I never did anything with mine but thought it'd be kinda cool to utilize them. I also had the metal housings when I got the scoop, so I had that option.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I didn't necessarily mean today.... :shrug:

And, out of curiosity, are the holes there for the stock turn signals? I never did anything with mine but thought it'd be kinda cool to utilize them. I also had the metal housings when I got the scoop, so I had that option.

Yup, it's got the holes and lenses. I'm playing with the idea of some LEDs. The scoop came with what seems like an aluminum grille, the turn signal lenses, and a stiff rubber flap that can be used to keep it mostly non-functioning or be removed to make it fully functional. I haven't decided which way I'm going in that regard yet. The scoop will be coming back off so that I can enlarge the hole directly below the rear center stud so I can install the nut and draw it down (it sticks up a tiny bit in the rear), and I'll be painting the area under it (and the inside of the scoop) matte black before laying down a bead of urethane to seal it to the hood.

Reactions: 3 users
IMG_20220207_104829670.jpg

Hey, where did that rust hole go? I swear it was right here??? :scratch:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I've already driven further this year than last year, and we're only in February.

In the last two weeks I've installed new front shocks, ditched the Atomic and re-installed the Edelbrock carb (along with a new fuel pump, fuel line, and air cleaner) put a hood scoop and hood pins on it, ditched the fender-mounted solenoid, installed a temperature switch for the fan, and burned at least two gallons of gas.

IMG_20220122_162008433.jpg

All that remains of MSD's god-awful EFI system is that O2 sensor bung right there. Today I discovered that the engine runs a tiny bit rich with the S&S air filter... or that it's sucking the oil out of the foam. Either way, I'm getting a little puff of smoke off-idle when revving in park or neutral. I was advised by a co-worker to run a foam filter to cut down on any water getting into the carb through the scoop, but I may switch back to the paper filter anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
CobraIIDesktopD.jpg
wildhorses.jpeg

I'm not sure any of those members are still around.

A few years back, I did some desktop wallpapers using member cars (with their permission), and hosted them on my Angelfire page (which I'd all but forgotten).

Something reminded me of the existence of Angelfire, and my page, so I typed in my URL, and... It's still there, wallpapers and all!

These are those wallpapers if anyone wants to use them, or if there is interest, I could do an updated version using currently active II members (something that fits a widescreen monitor, perhaps).

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I did some desktop wallpapers using member cars
Thats a fine collection of Members CobraII’s, MustangII's, and i love the convertible.
All Very Nice!

This is mine, Fix it, now if we could just blot out the Toyota and weeds to enjoy the ' study in '65 and '77 aesthetics while raining.'
IMG_9801.jpg

So I had the Atomic sold. Someone on FB Marketplace ordered it, and I screwed up by marking it "sold" which apparently cancels the order.

So... I re-list it and a local guy messages me about it, we talk on the phone for half an hour about it, he wants it... and he hasn't showed.

I'm asking a whooping $300 for the thing and including about $100 worth of new :poo: with it at that price (carb gasket, air cleaner stud kit, air cleaner gasket, O2 sensor bung, heat sleeve for the fuel hose, fuel pump block off plate gasket (and the old plate!), as well as all of the documentation.

So I had the Atomic sold. Someone on FB Marketplace ordered it, and I screwed up by marking it "sold" which apparently cancels the order.

So... I re-list it and a local guy messages me about it, we talk on the phone for half an hour about it, he wants it... and he hasn't showed.

I'm asking a whooping $300 for the thing and including about $100 worth of new :poo: with it at that price (carb gasket, air cleaner stud kit, air cleaner gasket, O2 sensor bung, heat sleeve for the fuel hose, fuel pump block off plate gasket (and the old plate!), as well as all of the documentation.
Thanks for the warning about FB marketplace. And better luck getting it gone.
I ordered a half dozen music stands when they had (edit) free shipping. My card’s fraud alert kicked in, and FB sent me a “cancelled” note for each purchase. So the next day I notified my card it was me and ordered seven more with free shipping.
They ALL came in, even the cancelled ones. :O_o:
FB marketplace does not have its ducks in a row.

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Thats a fine collection of Members CobraII’s, MustangII's, and i love the convertible.
All Very Nice!

This is mine, Fix it, now if we could just blot out the Toyota and weeds to enjoy the ' study in '65 and '77 aesthetics while raining.'
IMG_9801.jpg
Toyota you say? More pics of said Toyota...

IMG_20220211_194852217~2.jpg

The Mustang moved outside for the last several days to make room for actual BMW work. That didn't stop me from spraying the bedliner I've been promising the girlfriend for the Ranger on Friday night.

Reactions: 2 users