Some pictures of my toys...

Joes95GT

Jan 23, 2003
Delaware
Since I've been browsing these boards for quite a while, I figured I'd snap some quick pictures today. The first two are some quick pictures of my heap. She's extremely dusty, so I didn't want to get any close up shots :D. Just an ordinary Mustang...
pict0167.jpg

pict0168.jpg

These next two pics are of my Dad's 62 Belair. Some probably know that my Dad has worked in the Ford garage for the past 20-some years, so you would say to yourself, why does he want a Chevy? The second picture will tell you why. I must say, it's a sweet car. It's got a close ratio 4 speed with a 4.11 gear. It'll break the tires loose from a 20 MPH roll. I would have pulled it out into the sun for some better shots, but he's putting a completely new electrical ignition in it tonight and I'm not sure if he's got anything disconnected.
pict0170.jpg

pict0171.jpg

These other two pictures are some pictures of all my chit, and my garage. Hopefully Andy will see this and get somewhat jealous. :D
pict0173.jpg

I'll get some more maybe later this week. This picture snappin' stuff is pretty easy. It had me all freaked out at first...

Joe

• Sponsors (?)

I was just thinking I have never seen your car, it looks good. Is it green or black?

My wife got a new 5 mega pixel camera this weekend for her birthday so look out as I'm going to be going picture crazy here in the next few weeks!!!

Thanks for the compliments.

The car is Dark Green. The weather was overcast all day and at the time I took the pictures, with the position of the sun, it made the car look black. It also made the car look cleaner too :D.

Mike - I'm never secretive about my car, I just found it more amusing to put stupid stuff in my sig.

Just yesterday, I pulled the trans out of the car to put in a new aluminum flywheel and a driveshaft loop so I can pass tech at the track.

I tore the car apart shortly after taking those pictures. The radiator is out, the intake manifold is off, the alternator is out, and the distributor is out. I have to pull the front accesories, the rockers/valvetrain, and the heads, then I'll put everything back together. I'm hoping to have it done this weekend but I'm in no rush to get it put back together. Tear down pictures suck, so maybe I'll take more during reassembly. :)

Joe

1105 said:
:lol: your telling me... Just looking at them makes me wish I never have to do it again... They are the worst pictures anyone could ever take.
:lol:

Right before I stopped working, I looked in the engine bay and thought, "what in the hell am I doing?"

don john - the welder is real sweet. It does MIG, TIG and Stick. I might try and use my old STB and cut it and weld it to fit around the new manifold.

I used to get freaked out trying to post pictures and stuff because I always saw it as being difficult. (I am not good with computers). Hopefully this weekend I'll score more of my car, and the intake manifold Tom did for me. I told Tom I'd throw some pics of his work up.

Joe

RIO5.0 said:
Looks like a nice shop you have at your disposal....chock full of tools to boot...gotta love that..
409...SWEET...dont see them every day...i like those 62's...
The car was a deal, the guy didn't know what he had. Since he's got it, he's put a big Holley on it was mechanical secondaries, 3 inch exhaust, and an ignorant solid roller cam. She'll scoot, thats for sure.

The tools were good luck. He had to buy all his tools at the shop for the past 20 years, and just about 2 years ago, they made a deal that the tools were going to now be "shop tools" and everyone could take their personal stuff home. There's about 75k worth of tools out there. I'm just a lucky guy I guess.... :D

The garage still doesn't beat your setup though. :nice:

Joe

Your going with an aluminum flywheel? I have tossed that idea around forever, but the general consensus has been it'd be a bad idea for me. Let me know how you like it because I'm in need of a new clutch.

Joes95GT said:
Thanks for the compliments.

The car is Dark Green. The weather was overcast all day and at the time I took the pictures, with the position of the sun, it made the car look black. It also made the car look cleaner too :D.

Mike - I'm never secretive about my car, I just found it more amusing to put stupid stuff in my sig.

Just yesterday, I pulled the trans out of the car to put in a new aluminum flywheel and a driveshaft loop so I can pass tech at the track.

I tore the car apart shortly after taking those pictures. The radiator is out, the intake manifold is off, the alternator is out, and the distributor is out. I have to pull the front accesories, the rockers/valvetrain, and the heads, then I'll put everything back together. I'm hoping to have it done this weekend but I'm in no rush to get it put back together. Tear down pictures suck, so maybe I'll take more during reassembly. :)

Joe

Why are you taking everything apart?

Paul - I put it in this past Sunday. I originally wanted a Fidanza brand flywheel just because of the brand name and the quality associated with it, but then I found out that SPEC flywheels are made by Fidanza and are a few bucks cheaper. I am actually amazed at the difference. My first impressions of the flywheel is that the car revs a little bit smoother and much much quicker. With this, the throttle response is much better too.

The only rumors I've heard about aluminum flywheels is that they won't hit the tires as hard as a steel flywheel would at launch. Like I said, that is just a rumor. If you are leaving the line at 5000 RPM, I don't see how a steel or aluminum flywheel is going make a noticeable difference at how the tires hit, but again, that is just my opinion.

Mike - I'm putting a whole new top end on the car. Edelbrock heads, different cam, GT40/Explorer style manifold ported by TMoss, new Pulleys, injectors, yadda yadda.

I'll try and get better pictures of both cars this weekend.

Joe

That is exactly why everyone talked me out of one. They said due to my weight my car would be a bear to get out of the hole. Seeing how well it hooks now, I'm a little cautious about changing things. Thanks for the tip on the spec flywheels!

Joes95GT said:
Paul - I put it in this past Sunday. I originally wanted a Fidanza brand flywheel just because of the brand name and the quality associated with it, but then I found out that SPEC flywheels are made by Fidanza and are a few bucks cheaper. I am actually amazed at the difference. My first impressions of the flywheel is that the car revs a little bit smoother and much much quicker. With this, the throttle response is much better too.

The only rumors I've heard about aluminum flywheels is that they won't hit the tires as hard as a steel flywheel would at launch. Like I said, that is just a rumor. If you are leaving the line at 5000 RPM, I don't see how a steel or aluminum flywheel is going make a noticeable difference at how the tires hit, but again, that is just my opinion.

Mike - I'm putting a whole new top end on the car. Edelbrock heads, different cam, GT40/Explorer style manifold ported by TMoss, new Pulleys, injectors, yadda yadda.

I'll try and get better pictures of both cars this weekend.

Joe

Cool man. I know you have been waiting on your heads forever.