Spark Plugs!

No it isnt. This company plays to the tune of ripping off the customers by making false claims. They abuse their name and allow people who are ignorant believe they are buying a superior product. This is abuse.
 
madams74 said:
No it isnt. This company plays to the tune of ripping off the customers by making false claims. They abuse their name and allow people who are ignorant believe they are buying a superior product. This is abuse.
I was being a little facetious -- Bosch makes more than just sparkplugs, and a number of parts on our cars. For example, the ABS. They're a pretty big company, I'll grant you that their spark plugs are garbage though.
 
plats period (brand does not matter) are not great on efi 302's. some folks have low idle issues and high rpm cut out. platinum does not conduct well compared to (annealed) copper. as said, use whatever copper plugs you want.

plats have their place - cars with inaccessable plugs run them and they do fine (think: the other pony car).
 
Bosch plugs suck. 4 electrode posts...please. The spark is going to go the only ONE post at a time so what's the point of 4 of them? About as bad as "splitfire" plugs. I would use a good set of Autolites or use some Iridiums. Iridiums may not do much for a stock engine, but their life is much higher than standard copper plugs.
 
Speed_Demon1965 said:
Bosch plugs suck. 4 electrode posts...please. The spark is going to go the only ONE post at a time so what's the point of 4 of them? About as bad as "splitfire" plugs. I would use a good set of Autolites or use some Iridiums. Iridiums may not do much for a stock engine, but their life is much higher than standard copper plugs.
Not to mention if the spark has choose between 4 electrodes to arc to then there's got to be some hesitation in it's quest to find the "path of least resistance" and some cross-arcing going on in there and that's gotta make the spark less powerful and cause some kind of resistance I would think.
 
The only thing I hate about the Autolites is the black coating starts to rust really bad. I like NGK V-powers. They have a nickle plated plug and they seem to do really good.
The electrode is grooved with a chute that allows the kernal to more less strike on the outer edges and blow outwards.