Progress Thread Spring is almost here progress and Resource Links Thread

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
10 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Just saying when you do the suspension upgrades and quads are ready to be put back, one way gives more tire clearance then the other. Personally I don't like those bandaids on my fox, ive got quality control arms and no wheel hop.

Reactions: General karthief
  • Sponsors(?)

7991LXnSHO

Now I want a 10 year badge
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
I have Steeda Aluminum with the piece bushings awaiting install. I need to get torque box reinforcements ordered, and am going to put née axle dampers on because even with 100k, 300k, or 200k miles on the parts (Carfax was confusing), I am not having axle hop like on my 79 5.0 when I really get on it. I plan on having better traction, better handling and looking good. And with the miles, I hope ride should be not be much rougher with these bushings. I should not have wheel hop, but just in case, I’m not reducing the weight much by eliminating them.
I’d skip them with one piece poly or Delrin.

Last edited:

nickyb

WAIT,you now have a pair?
10 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
With your new control arms they are totally not needed, believe me I tear it up pretty good sometimes and no hop at all.

7991LXnSHO

10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
So it’s supposed to be 70 today. Time to get the Mustang out, cleaned, and use my 8th grader’s help on his day off to get things organized in the garage. I have to make sure I know where the parts are for the plans. (We’ll see how far we get, but a start is better than nothing.)

After that, there’s no excuse for not measuring the sway bars and detailing the interior. Some PDR and touch up (and a new headlight header panel) are on the list after we repair or kill off the other kid’s almost dead Beetle.

Crutchfield is out of the Sony deck I want again. The older Pioneer stereo in the car sounds good. But as low as it is in the dash, I want one that’s user friendly, much easier to read, and has USB and Bluetooth. The RCA jacks on the back of the Pioneer will work for a sub out or an Aux input, not both. I have a compact sub waiting to go in. So unless I hack the Pioneer’s satellite radio proprietary plug, digital music in is an issue with an aux amp.

I have had a metal plate from eBay to switch the radio and heater, and mount three gauges. With the cup holder console install, I probably will not miss the slot in the dash. I will have to see how long the cables are for moving the AC controls.

7991LXnSHO

10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
After almost a year, Crutchfield emailed me this morning that the Sony stereo I want is back in stock. (I missed the one time they had it about Thanksgiving.) So it and the rear 6x8’s are on the way. If the radio snd control flip plate I have works, I will post pics or the part and process.

Reactions: 90sickfox