• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Stock Gearing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jas142
  • Start date Start date Mar 24, 2004
J

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
1,358
0
0
Mar 24, 2004
#1
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #1
What is the stock gearing in the 99+ automatics? I was under the impression that it was 3.27? My friend said that in 2004 they changed it to 3.55. Is this true?
 

XTONKAX

New Member
Dec 5, 2002
619
0
0
UT
Mar 24, 2004
#2
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #2
3.27. I believe the 3.55's are for the Mach's?
 
X

Xanax

New Member
Mar 13, 2004
103
0
0
Mar 24, 2004
#3
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #3
If you have stock gearing than yes your correct you have
3.27 gears.I heard that it was only the automatic 04 GT's
that had the 3.55 gearing and the five speeds had 3.27's.
 
X

Xanax

New Member
Mar 13, 2004
103
0
0
Mar 24, 2004
#4
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #4
Bump
 
T

Too Slow

New Member
Jan 23, 2004
209
0
0
Houston, TX
Mar 24, 2004
#5
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #5
yea only the 04 autos come with 3:55's. from 99 to 03 they were 3:27's
 

70stangcoupe

Founding Member
Nov 12, 2001
2,895
0
0
Winston-Salem, NC
Mar 24, 2004
#6
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #6
From what I've gathered on StangNet:

94-98 was 2.73 with a 3.27 upgrade option.
99+ was 3.27 until the 2004 Automatics came with 3.55.
03-04 Cobras are 3.55
 
J

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
1,358
0
0
Mar 24, 2004
#7
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #7
I have 3.55s then, automatics rule!
 

downsouthman1

Member
Dec 16, 2003
643
0
16
Texas
Mar 24, 2004
#8
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #8
jas142 said:
I have 3.55s then, automatics rule!
Click to expand...
All of this brings to mind 1 ?. Are there any automatic coupes built in '04? All I ever see is automatic verts & a salesperson told my wife that all coupes are standards. I call but want proof.
 

Sinultros

New Member
Oct 25, 2003
52
0
0
GA
Mar 24, 2004
#9
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #9
There are more than plenty of automatic '04 coupes at one of the local dealerships (Fairway Ford, Evans) here. So BS, it is.
 

downsouthman1

Member
Dec 16, 2003
643
0
16
Texas
Mar 24, 2004
#10
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #10
Sinultros said:
There are more than plenty of automatic '04 coupes at one of the local dealerships (Fairway Ford, Evans) here. So BS, it is.
Click to expand...
Good to know. Thanks & when I see him again I'll throw
 
J

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
1,358
0
0
Mar 24, 2004
#11
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #11
I have a 4r70w Automatic 04 GT Coupe so the salesman is full of
 

stangman

15 Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
2,690
10
69
in a 3 bed, 2 bath
Mar 24, 2004
#12
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #12
70stangcoupe said:
From what I've gathered on StangNet:

94-98 was 2.73 with a 3.27 upgrade option.
99+ was 3.27 until the 2004 Automatics came with 3.55.
03-04 Cobras are 3.55
Click to expand...


some of the 96-98's & i know for sure some of the 98's had 3.08 gears
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
4.10 gears = 200,000 miles ?
  • michaelleewebb
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
312
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Apr 2, 2026
michaelleewebb
M
S
Speedometer Calibration
  • Sonny Bibb
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
4
Views
176
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 13, 2026
Sonny Bibb
S
D
Drivetrain Using a 98 Cobra T45 in a 03 GT Auto
  • dylan9075
  • Jun 2, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
122
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
dylan9075
D
T
Digital Tuning Hello OBD2 problem
  • TNmach1
  • Sep 18, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
56
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 18, 2026
TNmach1
T
9
Will I feel a difference
  • 90Stanger302
  • Mar 12, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
326
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Apr 13, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?