stupid 02 sensor ?

j753303

Aug 25, 2020
MASS
another stupid ms3 question. when i use a wideband on the passenger side for the goldbox can i completely remove the factory 02 sensors and harness then put a plug in the other hole?

• Sponsors (?)

Turbo guys run 1 as its measured in the downpipe.
2 is not absolutely required but some engines (about 50%) have a .5afr difference between banks and with a second O2 you can trim one side to match the other. The ECU will even do this for you.

i have the aem x series gauge and controller. what do i need to set it up for 2 widebands? it looks like the gauge is the controller? and would the gauge just see 1 bank?

Why could you not use the Spartan as the second and scale it?
The software is hardcoded to only accept one scale for the WB input. This means that all WB controllers need to be the same or scaled the same.
You can monitor any input you want for data logging at any scale but to use them as EGO inputs they must go through the main AFR mapping.

Most units these days can be connected to a laptop via serial connection and using their software you can rescale them so that they all match, then this scale is then input into the MS. The scales have to match even if they are CANBUS connected.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user