• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Stupid Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Funhog
  • Start date Start date May 26, 2005

Funhog

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
219
0
0
Alabama
May 26, 2005
#1
  • May 26, 2005
  • #1
I was just looking through some threads and I have been noticing the air silencer a lot. Is the air silencer only on stock intake? I have CAI with a K&N filter, does that mean my air silencer is gone? If it is not gone, can someone post a pic so I can get rid of it? All I have to do is go to my passanger fender, remove some bolts and thats it right? From my understanding, it is a waste..is this true?
 

srothfuss

Last night I stabbed the same guy 7 times in a row
Oct 17, 2004
1,796
3
0
Woodward Ave.
May 26, 2005
#2
  • May 26, 2005
  • #2
Where does your CAI pass thru the fender well?

1) Thru the stock rectangular opening?
2) Thru the smaller round opening?

I don't have a CAI so this is why I ask... However, I can only imagine that if it passes thru either opening, it's been removed unless the person that installed your CAI was really lazy.
 

Funhog

New Member
Mar 30, 2005
219
0
0
Alabama
May 26, 2005
#3
  • May 26, 2005
  • #3
stock rectangular opening
 

srothfuss

Last night I stabbed the same guy 7 times in a row
Oct 17, 2004
1,796
3
0
Woodward Ave.
May 26, 2005
#4
  • May 26, 2005
  • #4
Then the silencer is definently not there... Your good to go!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

What cold air intake and filter are you using in your foxbody?
  • Mindseye007
  • May 11, 2024
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
4K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 7, 2024
from6to8
A
Catch can questions.
  • AngryH58
  • Saturday at 11:46 AM
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
66
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Yesterday at 8:34 AM
squeak93
Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
348
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
176
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
J
Suspension Foxbody mustang Steering shaft issue
  • Jakub2537
  • Sep 5, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
228
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 11, 2026
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?