Stutter or jerk at low throttle?

• Sponsors (?)

Dont be too happy with you new transmission feel. Sometimes a flush can be a flush of death. I have had three auto. trans die after the change. The grit is what helps the bands grab.

Feels better now than it did before. No longer has that stutter in OD at around 40-45 mph, like it can't decide to be in 4th or OD. GONE! Standing starts feel much improved. I'm liking it.

Changed my Ranger twice in 20 years, about 10 years per. Always feels better afterward. May only be the placebo effect, but it hasn't killed the Ranger's auto in 170,000 miles.

I agree with Pete, no Transmission Flush.... Drain the pan with a change filter. I have seen several vehicles that would not move and the trans would not function after a Flush". Just saying..... Some shops don't even offer transmission flushes as a service. we seen you to a Trans shop!

Reactions: 1 user
Dont be too happy with you new transmission feel. Sometimes a flush can be a flush of death. I have had three auto. trans die after the change. The grit is what helps the bands grab.

Oh, I got it now. You think I did one of those flush thingamabobs. No, I did a drop the pan, change the filter, put pan back on, refill pan with fluid and drive off into the sunset. I was thinking to maybe do a flush now, but I'll hold off on that for the present.

May have to take it to a Valvoline place and have them do one of those things where they remove the lines of the radiator and do a full fluid change, including the stuff in the converter.
Many are not fans of doing transmission flushes. This can dislodge bits of metal and debris and then these bits clog passageways, solenoids etc. I would suggest doing another pan drop and fluid change (no need to replace the filter) and this gets you to nearly a 75-80% fluid change. On newer vehicles a flush is less problematic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user