• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Electrical sudden electrical issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter foxbodybill89
  • Start date Start date Jun 27, 2020

foxbodybill89

Active Member
Jan 19, 2020
143
65
38
Sioux Falls, SD
Jun 27, 2020
#1
  • Jun 27, 2020
  • #1
Working on my 89 vert this afternoon had the A/C on to check the system pressure and add a little bit of refrigerant, and the car just died. My compressor was short cycling because it's low on charge and my electric fans kick on with the compressor so they were switching a lot too. I appear to have lost all switched power, all the constant power stuff is still on and I get a door chime when I put the key in the ignition. No dash, radio, fuel pump, or crank when I turn the switch though. I had replaced the actual ignition switch module while doing some other things a while back, so swapped the original one back in and no change. I don't have any blown fuses anywhere, now just sitting here reading my EVTM manual scratching my head. Any ideas?
 

Blown88GT

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1999
2,283
524
164
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Jun 27, 2020
#2
  • Jun 27, 2020
  • #2
Fuselink?
 

foxbodybill89

Active Member
Jan 19, 2020
143
65
38
Sioux Falls, SD
Jun 27, 2020
#3
  • Jun 27, 2020
  • #3
False alarm, I looked again and had a blown fuse that I didn't notice the first time. Fuse was too small and didn't blow since I hadn't used A/C in a while
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical Parasitic Draw, Fuse 8
  • N8827N
  • Sep 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
184
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Resolved Wiring electric fan
  • cbac89
  • Aug 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
168
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
cbac89
A
Electrical electric mirror switch issue...
  • alchemist1
  • Apr 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
155
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 19, 2026
2000xp8
2
2010 GT AC issue
  • 2010torchredgt
  • Jun 28, 2026
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Replies
1
Views
159
2010 - 2014 Specific Tech Jun 29, 2026
2010torchredgt
2
C
Electrical HELP! 1989 5.0 Stick, Voltage Bleed onto Ignition Trigger wire
  • ChickenDeluxe
  • May 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
314
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 24, 2026
ChickenDeluxe
C
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?