Team Z motorsports rear suspension stuff worth it for the street?

hollywoodstang

May 23, 2006
Just wondering If the Team Z motorsports upper(linked) and lower control arms(with sway bar mounts) with solid bushings is worth it on the street....

I already have upper and lower arms but it's using poly bushing design, I have heard very good things about this company and seems like all the who and who of drag racing are using them...

Do you think it's over kill for the street car with once a week track time? or is it worth it?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I would (and do) use MM over all others for street use and occasional track use. They don't focus on just straight line performance but all around solid performance. In a street car that would be ideal to me. They also give detailed info as to why they designed X part with X bushings and not just blanket statements/claims.

Thanks for your input, I personally think MM has great products, and I do live not that far from them so it is easy to get.

I understand that the MM is great for street car and I do agree, But I do not take corner at 50 mph and plan on doing autocross at all with mustang.

The car is not a daily driver anymore little by little(sorry for not making that clear).... and I am doing more drag racing then autocross or street driving(I have wrx turbo so i use that for local autocross event)

The reason why I ask is because i still like to drive this car least 2 days out of the week on the street. I was just thinking about purchasing their upper linked Strip Series Upper Control Arms and Double Adjustable Lower Control Arms with sway bar mount.

Any how~, I do have Megabite JR upper and lower right now with axle brace, But i want to know If TEAM Z stuff is way better then my poly set up Megabite jr's and it will make a huge difference, I was also thinking about using it with strange 10 way adjustable all the way around. I still need to get drop spindles to correct the front suspension geometry since it all screwed up after the K-member install with my lowering springs...

I need a experienced input in this, I am seriously thinking about the The 'Z" set up, I hear it's one of the top drag suspension set up:shrug:

Thanks

i kind of doubt you'll get the info you are looking for in this forum. Most of the people we have here aren't that series drag racers to be able to give you an answer. i would look over on hardcore50.

In the drag racing section on Corral they have some great infor on Team Z stuff, comparison to Baseline's stuff etc. Dave at Team Z is a stand up guy, and actually is in the threads posting over there.

Team Z owns the mustang suspension game right now, and I have reads MANY threads that his customer service is awesome. Talk to gmkiller, I think he runs the Team Z stuff and has dealt with Dave from Team Z.

If you want to hook, Team Z will do that!

Theres no way you can go wrong with Team Z as everything they make is top notch.

Dave's customer service also sets Team Z a step above as he shares his decades of experience with his customers! :nice:

Theres no way you can go wrong with Team Z as everything they make is top notch.

Dave's customer service also sets Team Z a step above as he shares his decades of experience with his customers! :nice:

x2

check out motownmuscle.com also. Its a local detroit forum but being local to team z....plenty of guys run their stuff.

I would also second the notion and say to ask this question on hardcore50.

:flag:

x2

check out motownmuscle.com also. Its a local detroit forum but being local to team z....plenty of guys run their stuff.

I would also second the notion and say to ask this question on hardcore50.

:flag:

Yeah there are some guys around me who are sponsor by them. I saw their suspension set up and thought it was bit different.

My girlfriend is from detroit, Might give them a visit and get some parts while i am out there with her, lol

I'm running a Team Z K member and their coil over kit for the front and tubular A amrs. I dont have a lot of driving time on the car since all the upgrades but it is def quality stuff.

I have AJE K-member and A-arms set up in the front right now, I was thinking about going with their complete rear end except the anti-roll bar since i want to keep the rear sway bar. I still haven't purchased it, I am thinking of giving them a visit when my girlfriend and I go visit her family.

I am just little worried about the solid helm joint rod ends for the street, I haven't driven the all around rod ends car so i am little worried being too rough i guess. I have all poly right now except the upper rear end axle side.

I am using UPR pro series control arms. Not Team Z (Good from what I hear). For the drag strip they are great. However having a solid bushing design, the pivot points are needed for hard acceleration on sloped on ramps. IMOA this is where my solid bushings are limited. I have a slanted driveway with a smooth curb. If I go over it at an angle you can hear some slight noise that is not noticed with a straight approach. The quality of UPR control arms are great without question.
Next time I will order MM lowers because I drive more street than strip. Hope this helps.