Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

I'm sure you realize it but you'll need to relocate your battery to run that drivers side set-up.
It has nice heavy duty mounting brackets which should eliminate flex.
Iirc you should really be running a bypass valve , looks like the owner is going to sell it with a bov.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure you realize it but you'll need to relocate your battery to run that drivers side set-up.
It has nice heavy duty mounting brackets which should eliminate flex.
Iirc you should really be running a bypass valve , looks like the owner is going to sell it with a bov.
The BOV is likely due to the fact that the car has a standalone speed density based ecu . I run my blower the same way on my car .

Yeah I thought about that after I posted , SD would make sense.
All my s/c setups were with maf, although now I'm n/a SD.
Yeah I had the recirculating valve for a few years myself . The night the Holley went in , that thing went bye bye .

Reactions: 1 user
The BOV is likely due to the fact that the car has a standalone speed density based ecu . I run my blower the same way on my car .
So I know with stand-alone you can run the bov bc I’ve been seeing more centri blowers running them with after market ecus. Why is that on a stock car ecu the blower needs to run a BPV vs the BOV. What are the benefits of the BOV over the BPV? Besides the awesome pssshhhhh sound!!

A bypass valve on a maf car recirculates metered air ( air that has passed through the maf ) , a bov would allow escape of metered air causing drivability / fueling issues.
Now if you have a SD car or a blow through maf a bov would be ok.

I picked up some cobra lenses from blue oval industries, I’m debating whether I should just leave the lenses alone or do something like this guy did bc I really like the glossy pop and the black vs the grey. These were clear coated at a shop, but I thought maybe I could mask off the light area and just spray it with some sem trim paint, then run the black striping over the grey. Idk about clear coating. Also what do you do when two of the crank pulley bolts look like this?!?!?!? Wtf!!!! Ended up passing in that blower, well hesitated to long and it got sold quickly.
963BEF01-A722-460F-BE09-FA4AFADECCFF.jpeg
B4E2216F-44E1-4CEE-A1D7-748C912C64EC.jpeg
77D07B49-AA38-42E0-8D2E-89203EF6127A.jpeg
B3EC2AAB-3BE7-4844-B179-6644CD917FA1.jpeg
A7DDAF93-7EA6-4E5F-BE8F-172457F6EF9B.jpeg
E7754A9C-701C-49B2-9BDA-BE8AC3296414.jpeg

I’d replace those bolts. Would be a pain to torque those down.

when I did my taillights, I got a beat up pair of 83-86 GT lights, painted the bar and edges black, and then clearcoated the entire lens. I then added the 1/4” black pinstriping myself. Did this 20 years ago and held up great. I agree that the black looks much better. I think the 84 SVO lights were black, 85-86 and 93 cobra were gray.

9944AF97-E316-4738-8CA1-30F0266DC4CC.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
I’d replace those bolts. Would be a pain to torque those down.

when I did my taillights, I got a beat up pair of 83-86 GT lights, painted the bar and edges black, and then clearcoated the entire lens. I then added the 1/4” black pinstriping myself. Did this 20 years ago and held up great. I agree that the black looks much better. I think the 84 SVO lights were black, 85-86 and 93 cobra were gray.

9944AF97-E316-4738-8CA1-30F0266DC4CC.jpeg
Nice I like that!! what did you use to paint the black part, and what clear? Are the aerosol ones ok like SEMs ok? Could I paint, clear the lenses with the grey stripes on, then just lay the black over them? I don’t trust myself to peel the grey ones and then try to lay down the black lines straight. On those bolts, they are pretty stripped out gonna maybe try and get a torx bit in there and see if it will grab maybe.

So I’m not sure how the rattle clear works but say if I spray the black parts first, can I then just follow up and spray this clear on top of it? Or do I have to do some sort of sanding etc?

Been wanting to clean up my engine bay for awhile now, and wanted to offset the dark whole it has turned into with a little bit of bling! But nothing crazy! I know I know no ac it’s not for HP reasons!! I just think these engines look clean with a little less of the mess!! Plus I like seeing the front of the heads etc! I don’t care about AC, I don’t drive the car enough on a regular basis that it’s gonna matter, plus I’ve been cruising with windows down for about 10 years. Anyways, I then had my Master Mechanic double check everything and she said all looks well. Also on spraying these after I prepped them now I’m thinking about just spraying the stripes at the same time so might need to re prep, but I have this bumper trim spray, but should I maybe use this SEM black gloss trim spray instead???
DB0E1F7B-E3C3-4477-81E2-89837C8A0C91.jpeg
9AB1C4D7-15EF-440C-9527-3FFF13F5914A.jpeg
B49EDBB4-8BAE-4417-B7DA-A0978226D28F.jpeg
3FD72294-3EE9-4383-AD5C-853CB8505D63.jpeg
E814CD6F-DABA-4822-9C87-C8CFF3BA5A51.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users