The Junk Pyle has moved forward, well sort of

• Sponsors (?)

Did you ever wonder how those rear window louvers were attached? I never gave it much thought. Well first they are actually two pieces, upper and lower, bolted together in the middle on both sides, I'll post pics later. Of course they are hinged at the top. In my cartoon mind I figured the pads extended under the window trim and were either screwed down or riveted but no, they are stuck to the glass!! :doh:
WIth that revelation I have decided to swap the glass, I would hate to peal them off risking them getting bent and then have to worry about them not sticking good and the louvers come off and get destroyed. Besides the tint is good and it does have factory defrost, not that I would use it.
Yeah, I know I'm starting at the wrong end but I need to get this junk hatch outta my way and it will give me time to paint the louvers. Yes, I think I'm going to paint them. Yea!
Now what to paint them with?

Reactions: 1 users
I guess, I was going to use something like flat black. I have some truck bed paint that fades a little with time in the sun, I used it on the back of the dump truck and it holds up well and is not all shiny new looking. It's not that thick stuff like you see in beds.

Reactions: 1 user
Is the hatch good enough to just swap whole?
If you find the old tape is brittle, 3M has trim and body tape that will hold a Neon together on the interstate, and should do well on the pieces.
And yes, I wondered how they worked, even though I sold several aftermarket sets back then.

The duplicolor bumper and trim paint is THE BEST trim paint I have ever used. Did my mirrors with it. Look OEM.

3Sfvmv.jpg

jI5EHu.jpg

Chris

Reactions: 2 users