The glorious death of yet another one of my cars. And the Purchse of an 84 Gt-350

Well, my old 90 mustang 5.0 was stolen a week or two ago and taken on a wild police chase during which they outran the police cruisers and got away. During the chase however, they tried to avoid the police helicopter by driving under a bridge over a railroad embankment and got the car stuck on the tracks. The wrecker was not gentle and tore the front end apart getting it off the tracks, not that it matters, as the frame was bent and twisted. The only good thing is that the engine and tranny weren't harmed (crazy, I know)

Well, that's where an old story ends, and a new one begins.

A few days later I purchased a 1984 GT-350 vert for $1,500 from a couple spoiled rich kids who were bored running the poor thing into the ground. And man, did they ever run this thing into the ground. All in all I think I made a decent purchase. It'll clean up nice once I get the mechanical stuff sorted out.

A few things that are wrong:

It had a bad oil leak around the valve covers (they used over-sized gaskets :D) I replaced those with the right sized gaskets, but while doing that found out they sealed a cracked valve cover with epoxy and covered a bolt with it. Fortunately I have some spare parts lying around and swapped them out NP.

It has an annoying tick and flutter which I'm assuming is an exhaust leak and not a bad lifter (I hope, I hope, I hope). I have a set of shorty headers from the old car I'm going to replace the stock exhaust manifold with. If it still ticks and flutters after that I'm gonna dig in again.

It has a bad power steering pump that I'll have to rebuild. It leaks and wines sooo loud.

It has a bad AC compressor which I'm swapping out with a delete pulley,

and I'm pretty sure they managed to lock up the e-brake because I can't push the car forward while its in neutral and the back tires are burned bald (lotsa burnouts). Interesting side note is that the car rolls backward very easily, but not forward.

• Sponsors (?)