Progress Thread The "grátis" 1966 Coupe project

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
10 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Wichita Falls, TX
That would sure be nice!

Just haven’t had the money to get the outer rocker just yet. Family vacation coming up in two weeks, so hoping to squeeze it in the mid-July pay day.

Was wanting to work on the quarter extension flanges over Memorial Day weekend but decided to just grill and relax instead. I’ll have some free time coming up next week and may give that a shot. I permanently borrowed some sheet metal shears from my dad that should help with that. I’ll also try out the .023 wire to see if that helps get better welds on the thinner quarter metal.

Reactions: 2Blue2 and RaggedGT
  • Sponsors(?)

02 281 GT

10 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Wichita Falls, TX
I managed to get a folding shade tent from my father-in-law so I can get back to work on the car. It's simply been too hot to work outside under the unrelenting sun.

This also arrived over the weekend. It's definitely a thicker gauge than the original. Feels as thick as the material used for the torque boxes. @horse sence Should I go ahead and install this before I remove the old trunk floors? If it's self-locating it might help keep everything aligned while I work on the back end?

AwUmp0h.jpg

I8NO6gA.jpg

Reactions: 2Blue2 and RaggedGT

horse sence

That $5 hooker turn out to be a guy
Mod Dude
Nov 29, 1999
Wile Coyote's stunt double
I managed to get a folding shade tent from my father-in-law so I can get back to work on the car. It's simply been too hot to work outside under the unrelenting sun.

This also arrived over the weekend. It's definitely a thicker gauge than the original. Feels as thick as the material used for the torque boxes. @horse sence Should I go ahead and install this before I remove the old trunk floors? If it's self-locating it might help keep everything aligned while I work on the back end?

AwUmp0h.jpg

I8NO6gA.jpg
Yes put it in before you remove the trunk floors ,just dont weld to the old trunk floor

• Useful
Reactions: 02 281 GT

02 281 GT

10 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Wichita Falls, TX
I truly am getting closer to getting back to work on this thing. I swear. My weekends will be mostly free starting the 14th (hopefully temperatures will also be much lower by then). I also have two weeks of time off scheduled in mid-October after my fitness test and the college class I'm doing are done. The wife is pregnant with our fourth and final child due in early-November. I have a couple of months to hopefully get the sheetmetal repairs completed before I'll probably have to call it quits to help her deal with the new arrival.

That said, I made a purchase I've been wanting for a while. Reversible! No more sparks in my face!

cutoff wheel 1.jpg

cutoff wheel 2.jpg