Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

Looks pretty good Collin. Maybe try using a torch around the perimeter of the table on some tables to create a different look?
Thanks! I've got a few different ideas that I want to try, and that is definitely one of them. I need to get the woodworking skills down first. This took waaaay too long to be profitable, haha but I learned a lot and can apply that moving forward now.

• Sponsors (?)

That's a winning strategy right there. I think the trend is deeper in Texas since the Gaines couple lives in Waco. They're always doing stuff like that on their show. It'll be a while before the trend dies down.

Reactions: 1 user
I just made a $250 offer on a JY 351 in “running” condition.

At this point, $2500 to fix the current engine is a pipe dream. I have too many other priorities right now.I’ll save the expensive engine for a later date when i can afford to do it right.

Right now, it needs to run and drive, not be a paper weight.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m not disagreeing, but In order to keep from having to redo and re-buy a lot of parts, it was way easier to find this 351 and swap it in. The whole long block was $275 and I’m paying a buddy $50 to bring it to me from San Antonio.
Money well spent because i didn’t have to pluck it myself

Maybe it’s just the area I’m in, but 351s a plentiful because old F-series trucks are like flies

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So. 45 mins of run time this weekend. 3 WOT pulls and a driveway burnout. This is what was in the oil filter. Seems like if it was eating a bearing it would have a lot more metal in it. None of this is metallic looking like last time, it’s all dirt-like.

I’m still getting the spare engine, but I’m not making plans on swapping until i see need to.

Attachments

• 83E94187-CF0E-4B19-B7F6-F879898F9AEC.jpeg
    83E94187-CF0E-4B19-B7F6-F879898F9AEC.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 89
  • Happy
Reactions: 2 users
So. 45 mins of run time this weekend. 3 WOT pulls and a driveway burnout. This is what was in the oil filter. Seems like if it was eating a bearing it would have a lot more metal in it. None of this is metallic looking like last time, it’s all dirt-like.

I’m still getting the spare engine, but I’m not making plans on swapping until i see need to.
Look.....I think we all need to run the engines, and quit whacking out.
Steve found metal in the oil, tore the engine apart, changed out the bearings, and found metal in the oil.
But he didn't clean the engine while he had it apart, so it may be leftover crap from the previous failure.

I found junk in the oil, changed the oil, beat on the engine looked at the filter, and nothing was there.

I don't have to tell you about your case..Run the engine.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users