Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

How is it going lifting it down to that stand?

It went horribly wrong

AAAE6728-05F8-4467-B860-7456E9429B30.jpeg

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I almost died. My wife heard the crunch and had to come out and put the straps on the motor as i held it up. It worked in the end, but geeze what a sht show.

Just haaaaaad to lift the truck and now it won’t fit in the garage to get under the hoist.

Holy hell, I've been busy. I resorted to booting the car out of the garage and went head first into woodworking in an attempt to generate some side income to buy the rest of the stuff I need to get the car back on the road. So far, I've made 3 tables, a mantle, and a handful of cutting boards. The unfortunate part is I've had to reinvest a lot of the profits to buy materials and a couple of tools, but I was able to buy an alternator and a P/S pump the other day. I need a table and the mantle to sell before I can really pocket some cash, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Here's some pics of what I've been making, in various stages of construction:

Attachments

• IMG_2652.jpg
    IMG_2652.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2667.JPG
    IMG_2667.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2693.jpg
    IMG_2693.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2711.jpg
    IMG_2711.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2743.jpg
    IMG_2743.jpg
    327.8 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: 11 users
That is some woodworking you have been doing! That will for sure generate so extra money for getting the car back on the road again.

Awesome Job
Thanks! I'm going to be selling small bags of cedar shavings (for drawers/closets), maybe some coasters, and other small doodads along with bigger projects. I've hada ton of people say they want a ________ but so far, very few people have actually given me a green light to build.

Thanks! I'm going to be selling small bags of cedar shavings (for drawers/closets), maybe some coasters, and other small doodads along with bigger projects. I've hada ton of people say they want a ________ but so far, very few people have actually given me a green light to build.

Thats the big issue with sales since people always want. As soon as money comes up they :runaway:

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I had a really good weekend as far as selling stuff and making $$ for the fox. Interior is up next, and I'm about 1/2 way to where I need to be.

These up front:
https://lmr.com/item/CS-44901BPR/corbeau-trailcat-seats-diamond-black-vinyl-black-stitch

These rear seat covers, except re-stitched to match the fronts:
https://lmr.com/item/CS-FB26510CP/79-93-Mustang-Coupe-Corbeau-Black-Vinyl-Rear-Seat-Upholstery

And black carpet.

Everything else will remain factory, with the black/grey combo. I'll probably have my door panels re-done to match the seats some too. Should be killer once it's done!

Reactions: 3 users