Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a few more projects to finish before I can take a break and work on the coupe for a while. Here's an end table that has a matching coffee table I'm working on. The epoxy is cool, but it's an incredible amount of work. Before and after:

IMG_2819.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
possible? yes. no idea of the hookups or if theres any external modules to make it work.

Are they the heat/ventilated seats or heated only?

The ventilated seats are a bit tricky as you need to control the seats by the DSCM and it looks for inputs from the FCIM. I think the heat-only seats use electrical resistance wires and may be able to be retrofitted to work with an independent style heated seat control setup.

Would be an interesting project to do. I have a few of the Ford peltier modules for the vented seats I was thinking of making a cooled/heated cupholder in the fox with, but I haven't quite figured out how to control it yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Where can i learn how to do this? are there certain youtube videos showing the correct way? I just dropped some big trees and can cut slabs from them for cool stuff like this.
There are videos out there. For slabs, look up "Alaskan Mill". You can make that easy. The tough part is the slabs have to be dried (either kiln or over years) or youll have all sorts of issues. But other than that, the epoxy comes with instructions and you must follow them to the letter.

Ok, I'm going to quit posting wood projects here, in the same fashion as political debates don't belong. I have a FB page if you wanna follow along: Colsch Craft.

Anywho, I've been trying to find an upper rear seat cushion for my coupe. The ONLY one ive found so far was for $200, just the upper cushion. What in the hell is going on?!? @Davedacarpainter does that guy with the junkyard have a cheap one laying around maybe??? It'd be worth my time to make the drive.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, I'm going to quit posting wood projects here, in the same fashion as political debates don't belong. I have a FB page if you wanna follow along: Colsch Craft.

Anywho, I've been trying to find an upper rear seat cushion for my coupe. The ONLY one ive found so far was for $200, just the upper cushion. What in the hell is going on?!? @Davedacarpainter does that guy with the junkyard have a cheap one laying around maybe??? It'd be worth my time to make the drive.
I assume he does, they’ll be dirty as fck though. Want me to ask him?

I'm surprised that at least one person hasn't posted something about how much they're going to miss seeing your wood.

I must say, I much prefer the wood to the political debates, personally.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users