Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Need a few more wood projects to sell and we are off to the upholsterer.
27449A96-2426-482A-A64B-7F6C1B8C9438.jpeg

I’ve decided to do black suede inserts with white diamond stitching, similar to what I’ve posted before.

Reactions: 2 users
Nice score.

I've found everyone wants top dollar for fox seats these days, and yet I've had a near mint sn95 "leather" rear seat I've offered for $50 that nobody wants. Ended up paying about $125 for a rear seat just to recover.

Interested to see how it turns out.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice score.

I've found everyone wants top dollar for fox seats these days, and yet I've had a near mint sn95 "leather" rear seat I've offered for $50 that nobody wants. Ended up paying about $125 for a rear seat just to recover.

Interested to see how it turns out.
It was irritating looking. Couldn’t find any, except one guy who buys foxes and parts them out. He wanted $200 for just the seat back. Then, i posted on FB to a few groups and a buddy texted me and said hey I got you. So, i bought him a case of beer and we traded. Extreme ends of the spectrum!

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
I'm still here, although not much to update. I've made some money lately, but have been re-investing most of it so it's a little frustrating having worked so much with no car stuff to show for it. Today I am going to buy an Alaskan Sawmill so I can start cutting my own lumber, which would remove my biggest expense, yet allow me to charge the same price for material. Hopefully soon I can start diverting money back where it needs to go. I'm starting a large stand alone bar for a customer this week and hope to use those profits to buy the Corbeau rear seat covers and the suede material. That will cover all of the remaining materials. Then, I just need to save for the labor side.

I did stop by a scrap yard and grab some small interior parts, may go back this week and snatch the front seat tracks too.

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Where do you get the dried wood from?

We are still waiting to see more car parts though :)
Typically, I get it from a sawmill about an hour away. I'm hoping that some of the logs I've been collecting have a low enough moisture content that I can use them right away. I'm also looking into having them kiln dried if need be, but not sure what the costs are yet.

I hope to have more car posts soon, but need to work through a back log. Also trying to gear up for a craft show at the end of march. I'm hoping to make a wad of cash there in order to make the "final push" to get the car 100% where I want it.

So my boys made a fort out of my sectional in my basement which is my theater room turned into their gaming/play room. I decided to watch 3 episodes of The Punisher on Netflix with my 110” screen and surround sound while sitting in an old 2011 GT seat. I’m telling ya, the ass pads on those seats fuggin suck. I’m gonna regret it tomorrow.

EFA190FD-7FF5-4FAB-AC91-173BF8E8C6A8.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users