Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

So I think I'm going to make a slight deviation. I don't think I am going to do the white diamond stitching, and just go for the black suede inserts. This will do two things: 1) it won't be too busy. 2) I'm hoping it'll be cheaper so I can buy new carpet too.

I'm taking everything to the upholsterer this week. Progress!!

Reactions: 6 users
Corbeau seat covers are in. I settled for vinyl, instead of having some made from leather. I really hope the creases come out. They look pretty permanent???

C9E02129-1DC7-4C53-9DA5-0756740226FA.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Looking to forward to seeing how it comes out!!!

I still have the rear seats of the 13' sitting in the garage ready to be modified to go in. Planned for a summer project currently.

Reactions: 1 user
Checked in with the upholsterer, hadn’t started.

Another kink in the plans is I’m moving soon, not sure where but it’s going to have a dedicated shop, 50/50 cars and woodworking. While that’s awesome, it’s going to put the car even further back on the priority list. But at least it’ll be inside then. Silver lining?

Reactions: 2 users
Checked in again.

"we are working on it."
"Cool, send a pic if you can."

Also, tomorrow we are going to look at a house with a 6 car garage and a 3 car covered carport. I'm not holding my breath, but damn that would be nice.

Reactions: 8 users
To you bigger house means more garage space, to her it means more babies, lol. Good luck with the hunt.

Joe
It's both. I made a compromise that we can have 1 more as long as it waits until we are settled in this next house. Her must have list was 4 bedrooms and good schools, mine was big shop and acreage. I hope that we like what we see tomorrow and can move forward.

Reactions: 3 users
Well, it was a long weekend. The acreage house was nice but needed a LOT of work, so we're still looking but haven't ruled it out.

On to the car:
Yesterday, I needed to move it around, so I put the new-used alternator on it, charged the battery, and cleaned it up. I bought a cheap-o mechanical oil pressure gauge to test my theory that the electric gauge was faulty. Here is the result at idle:

Image-1.jpg

At higher rpm it might have gone up to 35ish psi, but not much more. Plus, I sat in the car and revved it and held it at 3000 or so and it vibrates, so I guess the motor is junk.
As I sat there contemplating what to do, I began trying to figure out how I was going to move this to another house and how long it was going to sit until I settled and got time to work on it again. 'Cept the wife wants kid #2 once we get settled, so then it would sit even longer.
That didn't sit well. I hardly have time anymore for car stuffs.

So, I listed it for sale.

And it sold, within an hour.

But wait, what about the seats at the upholstery shop?!? My plan is to sit on the money for a bit and find another car. I'm swearing off of turbos, for sure this time. I'll stick my fancy new seats in and drive the mofo.

• Surprised
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I’d like to say,I’m not surprised.. But- I am surprised.. I honestly thought V2.0 was safe after crossing the 3yr mark. :rlaugh:
All kidding aside. You know what’s best for you and yours-and I’ll blindly follow V3.0 when it arrives :D

I’d like to say,I’m not surprised.. But- I am surprised.. I honestly thought V2.0 was safe after crossing the 3yr mark. :rlaugh:
All kidding aside. You know what’s best for you and yours-and I’ll blindly follow V3.0 when it arrives :D
I really thought it was going to make it, I am working on 5 years of owning it (i think?). But the whole moving thing has us all mixed up and its not fair for me or the car to just have it sit for an indeterminate period of time.

I did locate a coupe with a vortech in north tx but 1) it's a little out of my price range and 2) I am going to wait until after the move to buy something.

Reactions: 1 user