The Junk Pyle has moved forward, well sort of

• Sponsors (?)

Here is the latest thing that I have finished doing for a friend.

IMG_20211127_154929.jpg

looks pretty good but hides a few issues, anyway I replaced door/window seals and dew wipes and I'll tell ya, knowing what I know now I would have hunted down NOS rubber for this if possible, the aftermarket door seals are crap. The window runs were less crappy but still. The original stuff had plastic molded with the rubber at the ends where the screws go, aftermarket not. I didn't order the replacements but I had to get another set,, there are three different styles for the cutless depending on what chrome trim, got it done but not without issues with broken plastic pieces and ill fitting door panels, the usual with cars this age. Anyway my job is done and in a couple weeks it will be on it's way to Alabama.
Now on to the 'junk pyle'. Yeah, new name.

Reactions: 6 users
Thats zackly what I did, I didn't have any propane at the house so had to make a trip to the shop.
Surprised no one said anything about the white tape I used, they didn't have any black when I bought it, same stuff they use at the factory just the wrong color. Some kind of glass infused stuff, kinda pricey.
zip ties are very useful, I used some to secure the o2/oil level sender wires. They run along the same route as the starter cable.
How about propane torch and lead fishin' sinkers, I mean not the good ones, but the little ones scattered in the bottom of the tackle box. I have fished with many folks from polk county, so I know they are serious about keeping good tackle!:parg:

Year One, Fusick, OPGI are the first places to check when you want to go in luxury sport style.
The last oldsmo-bubble I was in was a 1955 4 door green and cream colored. Lots of chrome, full metal dash, big steering wheel. You could put a Prius in the trunk and serve dinner to a family of four in the back seat. Huge dual I-beam suspension, it was a real tank. I loved that car!

Ok, I know I've not updated in a while but seriously? Fishing with lead sinkers??
1955 olds mo bubbles? With twin I beams????
At least a Cutlass being 'car of the year is believable.
Oh, here's a hint:

Mod Dude
Mar 5, 20193,2512,15614354Oahu
Always liked that body style...

notice the date stamp above: Nov 29, 2021
But I am glad you joined the party, stay tuned

Reactions: 1 user
Ok, I'll give a few 'what the heck has been going on around the garage' updates.
First, do to the economy and just my general attitude around my business I have closed that door, the 'dump truck' sits in the car port or in the yard, depending on what I'm doing, I'm spiffing it up a bit cause, well, it's been neglected, I cleaned up the interior, fixing stuff like the broken switch plate on the drivers side door panel, replacing door speakers, clean out junk that has accumulated in pockets and under and between the seats. Still need seat covers, not upholstery just covers, I swapped to buckets years ago and covers save the seat upholstery from wear and tear. Now I'm also spiffing up the bed too. May sell it, may not.
Other things have needed to be done,
Working on Brand X occasionally, I thought I fixed the gas gauge but it's back to acting up, and replacing steering components, and it will still put you in the ditch if you apply the brakes, I'm gonna replace the steering box and hope that helps, it doesn't appear to be the brake, I hate to work on it. Then I grabbed a 05 toyota to buzz around town with, it is a one owner, high mileage, clean, cheap driver that I couldn't pass up. But it too needed a few things but it's cheap to drive and easy to fix.
And then got a surprise, well there was a mention a couple times but now there is a plan, it involves a small wedding, in the back yard, in August (I think). Right, let's add to the list :doh:
Just add some more things I need to do on top of the other things that she got me started on that are almost done but got interrupted by ' while you're doing that, do this too because I found these that need this or that done' before I can finish this and so I have 200 things, some almost finished, some not started yet because, well you get the idea.
I got time, I'm now retired.
Now car crap update: as some will remember I have two fox mustangs, the Junk Pyle and the Stunt Double. I've had the SD of a few years, never really had a plan for it, just a decent body that has not been f'd with, the thing with this fox is it does not have a sun roof. :banana: but I have sold it, my own personal 'barn find' car. I'll give more info with pics later.
Oh, I forgot about the dog :doh:
We recently had to put down 2 cats we've had for many years (16-17 yrs?) One was like my best friend :(.
In the past the 'girl on the other end of the couch ' has said 'no more animals after these are gone' yeah right!!!! A few weeks ago she said something about getting a dog, a Dachshund, so the hunt began, first I looked for a rescue but they were either old, blind, deaf or cross bread with a f'n chihuahua which looks stupid to me. Well soon she found a puppy near us, yes I said a puppy, oh fun. AND a few more things added to that list, we'll be picking it up in a couple weeks, can't wait :doh:.
Ok, I think you're up to date, now I gotta get to work, ahhhh where did I put that list? And coffee. More coffee

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I hear ya, I wanted a doberman but I knew that wouldn't fly, I like little dogs, it's just a wiener dog don't scare no one. Oh well :shrug:
As they were bred to go after badgers, the dog will not know it isn’t scary if it’s left to act tough. They can be good companion and alert dogs. But cute dogs can get away with murder, and many chihuahuas are possessed.

AKC says about dachshunds-
“Don’t let the goofy wiener-dog costume fool you: Sandwiched between those fabric hot-dog buns is a clever hunter whose size belies its ferocity.”

We had to be careful with cockers for rage or snappy old dog syndromes.Their parti color and knowing other dogs in the blood lines helped.

Here is the latest thing that I have finished doing for a friend.

IMG_20211127_154929.jpg

looks pretty good but hides a few issues, anyway I replaced door/window seals and dew wipes and I'll tell ya, knowing what I know now I would have hunted down NOS rubber for this if possible, the aftermarket door seals are crap. The window runs were less crappy but still. The original stuff had plastic molded with the rubber at the ends where the screws go, aftermarket not. I didn't order the replacements but I had to get another set,, there are three different styles for the cutless depending on what chrome trim, got it done but not without issues with broken plastic pieces and ill fitting door panels, the usual with cars this age. Anyway my job is done and in a couple weeks it will be on it's way to Alabama.
Now on to the 'junk pyle'. Yeah, new name.
It sounds like you know what you are in for.
Has the Olds been back for a 455 swap?

I hear ya, I wanted a doberman but I knew that wouldn't fly, I like little dogs, it's just a wiener dog don't scare no one. Oh well :shrug:
I have a Chow/ Border collie mix whose about 40lbs and was a great dog…..15 yes old now and showing it. A few years ago we got my daughter a toy poodle. Never thought I could like a little dog like that, but this thing is such a cool dog……. And the two dogs became pretty good friends as well!
Friends of ours were cat people forever and then adopted one of those chiweenie things you spoke of :D from a family member. And soon after that they had themselves a real hot-dog dog as well. Both cool dogs……. You’ll be alright with that dog riding shotgun all over before you know it!
Sucks about the cats…….. I think of when that day is coming with my older dog…… and just thinking about it sucks!
Anyway, I could go all day about pets (everyone needs them) but I’ll stop here!!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user