The Junk Pyle has moved forward, well sort of

It sounds like you know what you are in for.
Has the Olds been back for a 455 swap?
No, actually the owner, a close friend died before the car was delivered, we knew it was coming, his son has the car now and will be a good owner, he fell in love with it right away. I don't see a 455 ci in its future.
Sorry bout your for freinds,been there and puppy too.( She said no more) right.
Thanks, it was a mother/daughter duo, I was not a 'cat' person but mom turned into my best friend, they left within a couple months of each other.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about your pals passing.. Dogs are my weakness.... 28 years after my divorce, dogs have certainly been better friends to me than most women or people... I am getting to the age where I probably cannot have another dog and I wonder how that is going to be??
The one good thing about our animal pals not lasting as long as we would like, there is always another wagging its tail looking for a home and someone to love and take care of it.......

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Ahhhh, no.
But Brand X runs and drives a little better, and I can tell how much gas is in the tank after tank/sending unit swap, brakes are still bitchy, steering still needs some work, it will still put an unsuspecting driver in a ditch if you're not paying attention.
Needed to replace the front struts and the radiator in the camry,
let's see....... Some plumbing repairs and a new irrigation well.
Oh... And she got a puppy!! So I am not only a classic truck owners' chauffeur and property manager, I am now a dog trainer. I don't mind though, the mutt kinda fun to have around. I'll post some pics of the 'garage queen in training' and maybe Brand X if you like, I may even sneak a pic of 'the pyle' in it's current state of disarray.

Reactions: 1 users
Soooooo, I actually play'd around with 'the Pyle' this week, I'll post some pics from my fone later when I get on the big screen, kindle takes crappy pics and the fone don't half work anymore and you know what? I don't even care, nobody calls me anymore cept somebody named Scam Likely. And he don't speak no good english. Now don't all the members here that know my fone number start ringing me up, I ain't gonna answer. I'll get a new one in a few days. Now on to the never-ending antics centered around 'the Junk Pyle' and other garage stuff.
First the main obstacle, Brand X, the brakes WILL put you in a ditch!!! And since I would like to avoid a claim with Hagerty I had to do something. Hoping I could solve it with some adjustments but that didn't go, or stop rather and I noticed the right rear backing plate was dirty where the others were clean, so I ordered a couple wheel cylinders, got it apart and although the wheel cylinder was seeping it was obviously not the issue, axle seals, no big deal right? Right! Even the torque tube drive lines are similar, at least the axle assembly is just like the 8.8 so no big deal there, now getting that axle seal out was fun, they made those back in the fifties otta real metal, not this flimsy stuff we use today and they are leather. Found some replacements at NAPA, it took the girl on the counter a day to find two, then it was cleaning and reassembly, at some point there must have been a bearing failure, there was little metal fragments all through the housing so it took a while and 3 cans of brake cleaner, new wheel cylinders on without much drama, in a box of spare parts that came with the truck was a set of new rear shoes. Easy Peasy, wait! What? 4 long shoes :doh: , back to NAPA and back in business. Well after dealing with both adjusters froze, note to self: don't use cheap azz ball joint grease on the threads of your brake adjusters, clean, loosened up and some Anti-seize and the truck stops much better, you still have to be careful stopping but the issue now is the front, at some point in its life the rod that connects the front spindles was bent up and the tie rod ends where adjusted to straighten the toe issue so I gotta replace that because as we all know once that rod gets bent it flexes more. Another day. It's driveable. And one less, well actually two less oily spots on the garage floor. :nice:
Now I'll post some pics in a few and get to the real star of this story.

Soooooo, I actually play'd around with 'the Pyle' this week, I'll post some pics from my fone later when I get on the big screen, kindle takes crappy pics and the fone don't half work anymore and you know what? I don't even care, nobody calls me anymore cept somebody named Scam Likely. And he don't speak no good english. Now don't all the members here that know my fone number start ringing me up, I ain't gonna answer. I'll get a new one in a few days.

Phones these days can only be used in one of two ways:

Communication - The [ONLY] people that get the number are those where it is absolutely necessary.

Not Communication - Give your number to every website and any ******* standing behind a cash register but never, never answer the phone.

• Haha
I use google voice to provide my 'number' to businesses & people who don't really need the real one. Can change the google number whenever I want.
i use my fone to check email and Linkedin accounts, text the brats or friends but other than that I don't care.
i need to get another one , I gots 'stuff ' to sell and the house fone is just as annoying but at least it works.

20230929_144435_HDR.jpg

this is Brand X.
the more I work on this the more I like it, I don't love it but it's growing on me.
20230821_131637.jpg

look familiar?
20230821_131610_HDR.jpg

things were not much different in 1953, notice no self adjusters :(

Reactions: 5 users
20230929_144357.jpg

yes, I actually do own a mustang:eek:
20230929_144224_HDR.jpg

the engine is coming out for a oil pan gasket, clean up replace most of the wire loom clips.
2013-10-26_11-46-27_942.jpg

this is what it used to look like, does anybody notice anything strange? Besides the 'hot air intake' of course.
the plan is to put the stock style fan and shroud back on although I will get the stuff together for an electric fan so that is pending.
I started a list of repairs but it grows every time I work on it. Now that I have AC, plumbing, dog training and fencing in the back yard, are mostly done I plan to get this thing back on the road, cruising around in a camry is not my idea of fun.
of course this will be in addition fixing the front end of Brand X

Reactions: 5 users
20230929_144357.jpg

yes, I actually do own a mustang:eek:
20230929_144224_HDR.jpg

the engine is coming out for a oil pan gasket, clean up replace most of the wire loom clips.
2013-10-26_11-46-27_942.jpg

this is what it used to look like, does anybody notice anything strange? Besides the 'hot air intake' of course.
the plan is to put the stock style fan and shroud back on although I will get the stuff together for an electric fan so that is pending.
I started a list of repairs but it grows every time I work on it. Now that I have AC, plumbing, dog training and fencing in the back yard, are mostly done I plan to get this thing back on the road, cruising around in a camry is not my idea of fun.
of course this will be in addition fixing the front end of Brand X
does anybody notice anything strange?
The AC compressor, but no AC ?

• Sad