Status
Not open for further replies.
CAUTION* investment property noob question...

Who does the maintenance when something breaks or a renter trashes the place and you live in another country?
You use a company that watches over your property. They advertise for the rental, they collect payments, they send cleaning service, they over see repairs. Normally they require that you keep a certain balance in an account that they can access, kinda like an escrow.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

You use a company that watches over your property. They advertise for the rental, they collect payments, they send cleaning service, they over see repairs. Normally they require that you keep a certain balance in an account that they can access, kinda like an escrow.

Joe

Well thats simple. Didnt know such things existed.

And finally...

Last night in PV.
Another great vacation.

This'll make it 10 for 10. Over the last 20 years, the major vacations we taken have all been perfect. Perfect food, perfect travel, perfect accommodations, freaking perfect.
Like.. This kinda perfect.
IMAG0152.jpg

The wife thinks we're coming back here next year, and I'm like " Yeah,...well see"

We did go snorkeling today. I saw some cool fish.
I had a gay barber shave my head, trim my beard, and shave my face.

It was pretty awesome. The art of a good haircut, and a straight razor shave is all but gone nowadays.
It cost 25 bucks.
This place is a paradise for some people..for me....meh...its cool.

For VW goobers...........
It's freaking Mecca.
IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0148.jpg

These freaking things are everywhere. This is just from today, because I decided to focus on them. They're all slashing around, running like they're new. I'd bet you could buy one for nothing down here...

But you'd have to drive it across 400 miles of mountainous terrain, and barren desert.

A 40 year old Vee Dub.....driving across hundreds of miles of nothing between here and there....just to get into the US.

Then how many more thousand miles to get it home?

I'd be like one of those cow skeletons you see bleached white on the side of the road...

Again,.....:nono:

It's down to hours now before we take off. 2 .5 hours to Houston, 2 hours sitting in the airport, then another 1.5 to Bham. Should be home at 8:30 pm.

It was good here. Taught me that I eat too much junk food in the US.
Idk if we'll buy anything down here or not, but it is a great place as a vacation destination. It " feels" a little like Spain..
A far more dirty, much less regulated version of Spain.
But it isn't Spain.
The good things here have already been mentioned..its also on Central time. How a west coast area managed to skip two time zone changes makes for an interesting day....it doesn't get the sun here till after 7:45 or so, and those sunset pics I've posted occurred at close to 9pm. 4 months have 12 hours of sun, and rest have decreasing amounts to be as little as 5-6 hours...December here is like living in Alaska......:thinking:

Well, except for the freezing your ass off part.....

It'll be good to get back...hopefully I can get all of those rocks moved, and have the energy left to deal with my leaky assed freeze plug insert....
I'd like to join the " it runs!" club again.

Only this time with cylinders that are Not gouged, Not tapered like crazy, with the peace of mind forged rods add, and ( what am I forgetting?)......

Ooh! Ooh yeah!
Independent throttle bodies, with a little glass covered box sitting on top.

I'm so glad you guys convinced me to stay the course.

Reactions: 1 users
Well,...List me as "start-able".

Save for the tightened sphincter, gritted teeth, closed eyes, and a twist of the key, that's all that stands in the way of this restart.

I sealed the bolt threads....It looks like the leak has stopped.
The header is back on, and the exhaust is tight. The O2 sensor is free air calibrated and back in the exhaust. I have fuel pressure. I have oil pressure.

I am wondering if I should attempt the restart with the old tune that was in it, before I start from scratch with Steve's altered version....:confused: Nothing should be different at idle between this version and the old version (excepting the different placement for the vacuum source for the MAP sensor, and the fact that there are (6) 2" throttle blades to have to adjust the idle screws on)

More antsy this time around though,.....It seems like this took forever to get the engine to this point, and this is the last time I wanna go through this...

Ahh what the hell.....:cautious:

Clearly I decided against going to work today. It is my actual "day off" after all.
I think I'll go down stairs, and clean up some of the mess, and see what happens when I turn the key clockwise.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
It runs!

Way too many issues to even attempt a vid,........but it runs.:banana:

Last year the oil pressure gauge started to fail. It would erratically go from 60-0-60 p.s.i. while cruising along. I replaced the sender but it appears that my gauge is the problem.

Today when I started it, it started w/ 15 p.s.i, and fell to 0 within the 15 seconds that I ran it.

I know I have oil pressure, I watched it coming out of the rockers when I primed this engine. I have an old mechanical test gauge that I've threaded into the fitting where the sender used to be.....it was the same one I used when I first started the engine last year to confirm pressure. Now that I cannot trust the fuel level, the water temp, and now the oil pressure, the gauge pod is the next thing that gets changed out.

But I digress.

With the existing tune, and when first attempting the start, I tried to just let it start w/o adding any pedal. At first crank it fired, but died instantly. Just a pop.
I opened the throttle blades a little.
Attempt #2. netted me another couple of sputters.
I opened them some more.
Attempt three failed again, and the next time I tried it was with my foot on the pedal..It fired, and I was able to hold it steady at 1400 RPM.
The engine now has a very raspy, cackly exhaust. I tried to let it idle, but at 900 RPM it died. but with the Oil pressure reading 0, and the AFR reading 9.4. It was Wayy too scary, and wayy too fat to attempt messing with it anymore.
When it first started though, I had too much pedal applied and the engine zinged to life...very crispy throttle response. It amazed me that it held perfectly steady at 1400 RPM with no surge. But that aint sayin nothing, I didn't let it run long enough to even get luke warm muchless get it hot.

So now Steve's @a91what tune is installed, only IDK why you removed timing sir....The engine liked a lot of start up timing.

I'm pretty sure that I told the stupid thing to log the short little run time, but hell if I can find it.

I got the temp oil gauge plumbed in,...I'm ready to restart Just as soon as we talk about the way too fat thing....

Reactions: 3 users
That's good news that it started, Mike. Not that I ever doubted that the Monster would start. Just that i know the type of inspiration something can give when its actually running.

It runs!

Way too many issues to even attempt a vid,........but it runs.:banana:

Last year the oil pressure gauge started to fail. It would erratically go from 60-0-60 p.s.i. while cruising along. I replaced the sender but it appears that my gauge is the problem.

Today when I started it, it started w/ 15 p.s.i, and fell to 0 within the 15 seconds that I ran it.

I know I have oil pressure, I watched it coming out of the rockers when I primed this engine. I have an old mechanical test gauge that I've threaded into the fitting where the sender used to be.....it was the same one I used when I first started the engine last year to confirm pressure. Now that I cannot trust the fuel level, the water temp, and now the oil pressure, the gauge pod is the next thing that gets changed out.

But I digress.

With the existing tune, and when first attempting the start, I tried to just let it start w/o adding any pedal. At first crank it fired, but died instantly. Just a pop.
I opened the throttle blades a little.
Attempt #2. netted me another couple of sputters.
I opened them some more.
Attempt three failed again, and the next time I tried it was with my foot on the pedal..It fired, and I was able to hold it steady at 1400 RPM.
The engine now has a very raspy, cackly exhaust. I tried to let it idle, but at 900 RPM it died. but with the Oil pressure reading 0, and the AFR reading 9.4. It was Wayy too scary, and wayy too fat to attempt messing with it anymore.
When it first started though, I had too much pedal applied and the engine zinged to life...very crispy throttle response. It amazed me that it held perfectly steady at 1400 RPM with no surge. But that aint sayin nothing, I didn't let it run long enough to even get luke warm muchless get it hot.

So now Steve's @a91what tune is installed, only IDK why you removed timing sir....The engine liked a lot of start up timing.

I'm pretty sure that I told the stupid thing to log the short little run time, but hell if I can find it.

I got the temp oil gauge plumbed in,...I'm ready to restart Just as soon as we talk about the way too fat thing....
Ok I need to know a few things a log would be best. You have my number call me.

Status
Not open for further replies.