Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

The behind the scenes "goin's on" had me to the point of considering having this thread closed, and my account deleted. I actually asked that it be done.
After thinking about it however, I'll just stay in my lane and post pics and commentary relevant to this thread. So,...If I came over to your house if you lived close all I'd talk about with you would be cars....Specifically Fox body cars.
We wouldn't talk about religion.
We wouldn't talk about politics..
We wouldn't talk about school shootings, or gun control.

We wouldn't talk about Jack....Except fox bodies.:cautious:

So,...Fox bodies then...Specifically, Mine.

I wanted to do a separate intro thread and edit them together, but I'm a Youtube moron, so there are two separate vids.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvjHoyBLTAk
`

I'm such a boob. I talk all day long w/o a script. But put me in front of a camera, (or behind one for that matter) and I stumble and stagger around for a cognitive thought....

Then there's the weird stuff....The car started perfectly before I decide to try it infront of a camera. And it idled at 1100 RPM at 13.5 AFR. Lastly at the very end, I blip the throttle....and the camera phone somehow misses the sound track as it happened. At the very end when I blip the throttle it's the same as if I had muted it..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHGnYnhBZtk

It sounds the same to me albeit alot louder. When I move to the front to focus on the squeaking bearing in something up front, you can just barely hear the cackle....
It's getting closer to rolling,....Gauges will be here tomorrow, Monster V2 will be ready to roll sometime in June.

There now,.....No religion, No trump, No assault on assault weapons.....

• Happy
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
We wouldn't talk about religion.
We wouldn't talk about politics..
We wouldn't talk about school shootings, or gun control.
Damn....that's just what I like about America, and Americans. And you in particular, Mike a Million

Thank Dog I like XOFes.

Maybee being down here as an interbreed with 2 degrees of seperation has tained the gene pool, but, um...Dr. Hans Reinhardt , IF YOU J-U-S-T PUT THE darned Glass USS Cygnus over the Black Hole, it'd be quiet as well. It runs awesome.

Hope the squeek goes away....

Your perception of yourself isn't the way we see you....your lucid, funny, and articulate.

Reactions: 1 users
Well Mike you can always call me to talk about guns, religion, and politics. I happen to have a no holds bar approach to my garage banter. As long as your willing to pretend to listen when I start my tuning techno babble.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
Well Mike you can always call me to talk about guns, religion, and politics. I happen to have a no holds bar approach to my garage banter. As long as your willing to pretend to listen when I start my tuning techno babble.

Now don't be rediculous.....I'm always more than willing to listen to rational, non-discriminatory, open-minded techno-babble. Even when talking about about the malicious software that might corrupt the functions of my ENTIRE ecu. I'd entertain the discussion concerning the negative side effects If a rampant "believe me when I tell you" virus was somehow introduced Into it by a third party hack, and I'd want to know how that happened. I'd even launch an investigation to try and determine who those hackers might be.
(and I'd let it run its' course).
I'd want the hackers locked up. I'd want any party that was involved with the hackers that were directly, or indirectly responsible for hacking my ECU locked up.
All of the software engineers, on both side of silicone valley agree that my ECU was hacked. They're all on record. There are the guys at Crimnson Cybernetics, and the other guys that work for Blue terrabyte. The Only problem is that the guys at Crimson cybernetics would want to pressure my investigator to wrap up the investigation before he had the answer. (because they are remotely affiliated by the core elements that make up the rampant virus, and don't want the negative fallout if they turn out in any way to be attached to the virus)
I'd want to know why, how, and who was responsible, and I'd want the guy to take as long as need be to make that determination.

After all, the sanctity of my ECU is far more important than anyone, or anything else.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Are you sure you want the real answer or should the investigator be pressured to give the answer your team of goons has written up for him. Remember if he gives an answer you dont like or takes longer than your short attention span can handle, you can just replace him with someone that will. :leaving:

Glad to see it running...

Would say hear it.... but....

I was playing the video for a co- worker and that squeak sounds unbelievably loud through the speakers of a Ranger. Atleast you gave fair warning.

Well, now it's time for some creative thinking....

IMAG0163.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Que?

a la Studebaker Avanti dashboard gauges?

Lookes like a killer punch if you were able to package it CMA!

Raymond Lowery shelled out the idea way back in the early sixties. Guess you don't need an R2 style boost gauge.....

037-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
I had an epiphany yesterday while I was trying to figure out how in the hell I was gonna accommodate the new gauges in the old housing. The center gauge insert is obviously completely cut out, so there was already a need to re-think how I was gonna hold the individual gauges in that space..
b56d068c-9bf9-486c-94bf-b74df6896bbc_zpsagz8noc2-jpg.jpg

The gauge kit comes with 4 gauges in addition to the speedo and tach. They'll fit in between the AFR gauge and the "now I don't really need it" boost/vac gauge.
I planned to piggy back the tach and speedo in a housing that would look like a supercharger mini two hole "bird catcher"
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVQUjHtW1TsJ7DKa0PkApUNM6dcX8vs9mVIPY7HcFNqUVjK28i.jpg

But that would've completely obscured my vision.
I looked at moving the things to the side, hanging them off like some sort of wonky version of sid the sloth,....
Sid-the-Sloth.jpg

And it would've looked just as stupid too.
Then after looking at it all too long, and considered posting my pic of the guy throwing in the towel......

I thought "What if I put the tach and speedo IN the gauge pod........:chin

They almost fit. Getting them to really fit forced me to cut the gauge pod, and re-create a new bottom edge that drops at the center just enough to allow those two gauges to sit there....
(It's Genius.....I literally get hit by bolts of genius lightning when these things just pop in my head.....:rolleyes:.........it doesn't hurt or anything though.)
Now with all things I do, you don't get to see "the ugly"... ( and right now it looks decidedly ruined) .We'll just have to wait till I get it close enough to "rough" before that reveal. It meant that I had to cut out a section of the bottom leather, because there'll be welding that will have to be done. I'll also have to section in replacement piece of leather, and re-stain it when it's all said and done.

That will leave room for the remaining 4 gauges out to the sides of the two main components....and forces me to relocate the two digital gauges somewhere else....

I'm thinkin' here:
temporary_zpsa6ee4177-jpg.jpg

It's the only place they'll fit............Right in the middle of that cut line on both sides of the column....and at really great risk.

I'd have to cut it with a hole saw.....in finished material,....at a less than optimal angle,..using a tool that is NOTORIOUS for fcking things up if something isn't perfect.

Or conversely, I can ditch the two digital gauges and go w/o monitoring the AFR and vacuum in the car...(like who in the hell ever looks at a vacuum ga. after all things are tuned in anyway? The same for the AFR?
It'd be good to have an eye on the AFR just as a monitor for a lean condition, but since this is now a N/A combo... I don't think it's really relevant.

Maybe I'll put them in the same drawer that the gauge panel is now in and be done with it.

Last edited:
What about the console? Can't remember what is between the dash and the console, maybe a mount like they had on the shelby dash top only upside down at the bottom of the dash. I need to go back and look at the finished interior. It may look like an after thought, meh.

Maybe a universal pod you could leather wrap,flip upside down and mount under the dash-in front of the console-
533203DC-C565-4EAC-82B3-F8135A3F5A4D.jpeg

Possibly borrow some mounting ideas from the Coal Rollin’ boys-
17F4DA1F-5C0A-41FA-8CC9-4FB3D73CEBDD.jpeg

Maybe a mounting idea-my favorite option- from the GM family-
EF652D69-98E9-41C7-B34E-7BA6E1AE79DA.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Like it says....My son's dog chewed up one of my brand new gauges. Specifically, the speedo. The gauge was on my work bench, and put back decently out of harms way, but I guess it was just too tempting for his dumb ass. The dog gets up on there by stepping up on the couch that backs up to it. He has been helping himself to various plastic pieces that are up there lately.

Now I'd be raging pissed had this been a case of MY dog chewing up a gauge, because I'd have no recourse except to buy a new one. ( after I beat the hell out of the dog) But,..........since it's my sons freakin' dog,.....and he just got a 20k re-enlistement bonus............he's buying me a new one.
Besides,.....I have a good dog. He don't chew up nothing 'cept his crunckins.......He chews them up all gone.
Yum.

Fortunately for the sake of building the gauge pod revision, he didn't destroy the thing. He only mangulated the socket where the gauge pigtail would've plugged in. so for the sake of cosmetics and fitment, it'll look brand new until the new gauge gets here.
( I doubt that I'll have it done anyway,...I only have some fraction of tomorrow to work on it. I have to work again on my day off due to it being Memorial day)

Retail sucks....

I'll probably make a couple of gauge mounts out of some left over exhaust tubing I have for the two digital gauges and mount them on the console up front, Two small stacks that are angled at the bottom to allow the things to be seen.
Or...
I can do the exact same thing and mount them on the dash face where I was talking about earlier, only instead of cutting a giant honking hole in that area, I can make it so the stack has a stud hanging off of it to allow me to drill a small 1/4" hole,.........and bolt that bsh on there instead.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.