Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
20 years ago I went into a vinyl sign shop that had a graphic artist and had him create the tornado graphic that is currently on my car. It went from concept, through several draft phases until the final was done. IIRC that work cost me 300+ dollars.

Since then, that decal has gotten stuck on 4 of the 7 I've built over those years.
( what can I say,...I love that thing)

The shop that had the artwork went out of business several years ago, and it took me awhile to find out who bought out all of that shops templates and custom stuff, but I eventually I did, and it was on this car build that the search to find it occurred.

When I had the guy print and cut the cyclone decal for the first time he didn't cut out the individual background material, and just printed the whole graphic on top of a contrasting background..I wanted the body color to show through.
He didn't like that in that it meant he had to do some intricate work and tried to talk me out of it.
That meant that he had to spend a minute " picking" the unnecessary background material out of the graphic before applying the transfer material over the top. Since finding this guy, he hasn't been exactly Johhny on the spot, and always wanted a blow and go version of the decal over what I wanted, but he has printed a few to say the least. I really didn't need anything in a rush status anyway, and since he was in possession of my 300.00 rendering, he was my only go to. When he did the current " Cyclone" version, I believe ol dude charged me 35.00 to print and cut out both sides.

Seemed like a bargain.

When I called them yesterday to order just the tornado graphics by themselves, they decided they needed to do a price adjustment, and upped the cost to 50.00.

Now that may be the going price to do this, and in the grand scheme of things wasn't that big a deal excepting that it was cheaper the last time to have more work done. Couple that to the fact that they are the only place I can go to have it done with all of these sign shops around here because they have my art work, and I have a problem with this.

I want my artwork.

After a little bit of negotiating, I manage to get it, but it's in some " Signmaker program" file type that won't let me open it.

I'll call around these next few days to see if I can transfer the file via email to some shop to give me a quote to see if the guy that had it is inline.

It'll probably end up costing me more.:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
20 years ago I went into a vinyl sign shop that had a graphic artist and had him create the tornado graphic that is currently on my car. It went from concept, through several draft phases until the final was done. IIRC that work cost me 300+ dollars.

Since then, that decal has gotten stuck on 4 of the 7 I've built over those years.

The shop that had the artwork went out of business several years ago, and it took me awhile to find out who bought out all of that shops templates and custom stuff, but I eventually I did, and it was on this car build that the search to find it occurred.

When I had the guy print and cut the cyclone decal for the first time he didn't cut out the individual background material, and just printed the whole graphic on top of a contrasting background..I wanted the body color to show through.
He didn't like that in that it meant he had to do some intricate work and tried to talk me out of it.
That meant that he had to spend a minute " picking" the unnecessary background material out of the graphic before applying the transfer material over the top. Since finding this guy, he hasn't been exactly Johhny on the spot, and always wanted a blow and go version of the decal over what I wanted, but he has printed a few to say the least. I really didn't need anything in a rush status anyway, and since he was in possession of my 300.00 rendering, he was my only go to. When he did the current " Cyclone" version, I believe ol dude charged me 35.00 to print and cut out both sides.

Seemed like a bargain.

When I called them yesterday to order just the tornado graphics by themselves, they decided they needed to do a price adjustment, and upped the cost to 50.00.

Now that may be the going price to do this, and in the grand scheme of things wasn't that big a deal excepting that it was cheaper the last time to have more work done. Couple that to the fact that they are the only place I can go to have it done with all of these sign shops around here because they have my art work, and I have a problem with this.

I want my artwork.

After a little bit of negotiating, I manage to get it, but it's in some " Signmaker program" file type that won't let me open it.

I'll call around these next few days to see if I can transfer the file via email to some shop to give me a quote to see if the guy that had it is inline.

Whats the full file name?

Seemed like a bargain.

I want my artwork.

Maybe ask @JoeDaddy ? Since it’s software maybe send it to @Noobz347 lol

I'd be happy to see if I can open it for you. If I can, I can save it in a file you can use.

Also, I could cut you some new ones, if you so desire. :nice:

Do you have a good straight on picture of the graphic on your car now? Get me that an I can recreate if I can't open the file.

I appreciate the offer Joe, but in the end it just comes down to the fact that I'm a cheap ass sometimes, other times I'm just an ass.
Yesterday I was both.
I farmed out the graphic to an online company this morning. The guy calls me back almost immediately telling me that he didn't get the graphic but he was confident that he could do a pair for 35.00.
I emailed the file to him again. This time he calls and says that he got it, but the file is a "mess" and has all kinds of jagged lines that were unclean, and needed work. And that he would have to charge me an additional 35.00 setup fee to clean up the jagged lines, smooth them out, and make the transitions nicer...

"But.....i like the way they are now.....i want them that way". I tell the guy

"I'm not even sure if we can get the thing cut to your dimensions." The guy says.

" What are you talking about? The local place here has cut numerous versions of this thing" I reply.

"If that guy is gonna make two if those for 50 bucks, you're better off going with him then." he says.

Slap My Head.

I call the local guy...apologize for being a cheap ass and an ass, and order two.

• Haha
My I recommend to you is some bedtime reading, CMA.

When a tornado strips his precious topsoil and leaves behind a menagerie of extraordinary animals, Josh McBroom opens a zoo to raise the money to replace his topsoil....

McBrooms Zoo

Amazon product ASIN 0316285366View: https://www.amazon.com/McBrooms-Zoo-Sid-Fleischman/dp/0316285366

(Sid Fleischman, Kurt Werth ) and the elusive Great Seventeen-Toed Hairy Prairie Hidebehind .

Just one of many creatues you find in Iowa.

Here's the second last page...

21779828._SY540_.jpg

Released in 1982, IIRC, page 40 has a picture of the elusive 17THPH twister, so shy that it always managed to jump behind you or something else no matter how hard you look for it. And that's all he quote......

Josh McBroom, his wife Melissa, and their rather large brood of children seem to be facing catastrophe when a freak twister comes along and uproots all of the marvelous topsoil from their magical one-acre farm, but the wily and resourceful McBroom follows the twister (turned red because of all the ripe tomato plants it has ripped up, and leaving a ready tomato-flecked trail to follow) and tracks down his soil miles away. It looks like it will be impossible to cart it all back, as the struggling farmer doesn't have the money to hire all the trucks necessary, but on the way to and from the pile of topsoil the McBrooms come across a whole strange hassle of critters that have been deposited by the tornado, rare beasts that they reckon no one hither or yon has seen, and a plan is hatched to start up a zoo in the hole left by the farm, charge admission and get the topsoil back.

Attachments

• 61OptrHwUWL._SL75_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-st,TopRight,8,-14_OU01_.jpg
    61OptrHwUWL._SL75_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-st,TopRight,8,-14_OU01_.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
My I recommend to you is some bedtime reading, CMA.

When a tornado strips his precious topsoil and leaves behind a menagerie of extraordinary animals, Josh McBroom opens a zoo to raise the money to replace his topsoil....

McBrooms Zoo

Amazon product ASIN 0316285366View: https://www.amazon.com/McBrooms-Zoo-Sid-Fleischman/dp/0316285366

(Sid Fleischman, Kurt Werth ) and the elusive Great Seventeen-Toed Hairy Prairie Hidebehind .

Just one of many creatues you find in Iowa.

Here's the second last page...

21779828._SY540_.jpg

Released in 1982, IIRC, page 40 has a picture of the elusive 17THPH twister, so shy that it always managed to jump behind you or something else no matter how hard you look for it. And that's all he quote......
If it isn't the mind numbing rock you listen to Dean, it has to be the acid trip children's stories that lead me to believe that you were a participant in the 1960's US government sanctioned lsd assisted psychic testing trials.

I worry about you.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Its okay. I can be serious now

the_blue_racer_being_serious__gif_by_vincent_rocchio-dc3e10e.gif

It justs bounces off like an Honourable Japenese Beetle hittin a Saab 99 headlamp. Wipe it on, I'll wipe it off.

You'll still get warm feet if you discipline the dog....

Say, I was born in 4 Jan 1970. 9 months before that, it was 1969, so......

I was the result of mother Dorothy and "Father" Davids participation in the other 1969 excesses (S3x, Dru99s and Wood Stock'n'Woll ), most probably we can blame the US government for it too?. I'll play along wit dat...

Dec4-273x300.jpg

December 4, 1969

On this day in 1969, President Richard Nixon, Vice-President Spiro T. Agnew, and forty U.S. governors took some time out to view “simulated acid trip” films and listen to rock music in order to comprehend the generation gap.

Nothing was achieved.

Mmmm, sanctioned lsd assisted psychic testing trials.

uses-for-acid.jpg

Nice.

This is proof chickens come home to roost!

or
a Sidehill Gouger, with legs on one side much shorter than on t'other
a Silver-Tailed Teakettler which walks backwards to confuse trackers
a Desert Vamooser, a dry-land catfish that swims tail-first through the dust
a Spotted Compass Cat
a flock of Galoopus Birds, which lay square eggs that won't roll down hills
a Spitback Giascutus, that can catch bullets and spit them back at the shooter.

I think the Gila Monster will fit right in with the above mob of Iowain misfits. GM engineered, of course....

Since you've asked us all to go Cold Turkey without pictures, I'm a thinking I've got some more Psy-co Loan, Twister and Tornado related junk to fast pass to you.

I cannot think of another CarcraftsMAn who deserves more visual input than you, Mr CMA.....

That was for you, Mr 4601 cubic centimeters. (281, its 4.6 L = 280.8 cu, just-wanna-say, and-I- havent- seen- your- wifes- mammory- glands and- cant- comment- 'cause, - of- an- exclusive- contract- I -signed- 28- years- ago- in- a- drunken- stupor- with- another- well- clad- brick- house).

You all are serious here at various points.

The internet doesn't show wyllie nuances that you more preceptive ones probably might get, when, say, drinking Old Bastard Ale with Mike at his house. You'd not miss any of the signals....

[QUOTE="CarMichael Angelo, post: 9091520, member: 162211"
....I have to stop smoking crack.....If only I hadn't smoked that crack pipe..:nonono:..What was I thinking?:nonono:[/QUOTE]

Like CMA in the above post from Page 352 or somesuch.....I know he was serious then.

I speak only for myself, but any other time, when we are not in a whirl, and not sure if we are boys or girls...then we are as loconic and unserious as a Gordon Bennet on a stagg night drinking binge.

Mikes got us all like this now

Dean004.jpg

• Haha
Um, two significan Exhibites, ma'am, um, your honour.....

this
|
|
|
V
dean012.jpg

And this

|
|
|
V

dean011.jpg

I'll have to check with my life coach or therapast, but My aspergers kicks in when @02 281 GT 's sigy kinda quotes

1) a Mod 4.6's Cubic Inches to the nearest significant figure,

and then, in the same profile,

2) notes that his beloved has great who dackies.

I find it hard to focus on anything else.....

Anyway, CMA has starved us of "Pic Tick Cular Extra Carricular" entertainment, and @02 281 GT always then steps in to make a vast array of Signifcant Points...

Props to you all.

Attachments

• 1543546364192.png
    1543546364192.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: 1 users
I can't vouch for him. He wrote that at 7:21 pm our time....add 19 hours......it's 2 pm there Friday....It's not like there's some NZ holiday that he's on a drunken bender mission...( unless they start drinking at 10 am on Friday there).
The funny thing about Dean with regard to this thread is that he pays attention ( almost too much ) to everything that I've done and said, being able to cite the pages I said / did things on.
And when you look at his last reply...he obviously pays attention to everything everyone writes/says.

Cept in this instance I looked.

One year ago on page 352 I was contemplating pulling the engine apart to fix the blow by issues.....one month after that I decide to dump the turbo, and convert the induction over to ITB's....sometime after that I come to terms with the reality that I must've been smoking crack,..thinking that I'd be content with a slow assed, naturally aspirated six banger.

And I promptly go out and buy the turbo that is on the car currently.

I must've been smoking crack.

This morning I'm frustrated...I've had the 1970 wing spoiler on order for weeks now,..and it's still not here. Had I ordered the thing from Summit, I'd have had it for week now.

But I didn't.....I ordered it from Jegs.

They don't stock sht....everything I've ordered from them recently was drop shipped directly from the mfg.

Never again.

I call Summit is morning ...confirm that they have the wing ( they do) and call Jegs to cancel.
Only they claim that the mfg ( drake) has finally shipped the product that I ordered on the 15th. It's gonna be the same turn time if I had ordered the thing from Summi at this juncture.

I have to let it run its course, and not cancel anything. I should have the trunk mount spoiler by wed next week.

The wheels should be here around the same time...

It'll be a test just to be able to keep my progress limited to text based updates....

Status
Not open for further replies.