Status
Not open for further replies.
And speaking of the wing...it came last night. I went down, carefully removed the ducktail so I can reinstall it on the new trunk if I hate the wing, and temp'd the wing on the existing deck lid. MOF, since this deck lid is destined to go the way of the crusher, I'm gonna drill it so I can mount the thing on there. Then, when and if I ever get done with the car, it'll give me an idea of how it'll look w/o having to drill that other lid if I don't like it.

Cept..that ain't gonna happen. I like the wing.

The wing stands higher than the one Dean posted, and spans the deck lid better. It's gonna be a permanent fixture. Very nicely built for being the " cheaper" wing. There are "concours grade" wings out there for 450.00. This one has metal pedestals just like the factory versions , I don't know what they do to make the restoration quality version worth so much more.

Mine cost 125.00. I believe that I can sell it on CL for that if I bail on this plan. But, since I bought it from Summit, that won't be necessary...id just request a refund.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Being 5" narrower helps make it look great on a Box Fox. Que Dr Seuss....Sox on Fox....

IMHO, The wing on an Aussie Fairmont or Falcon just looks like its been "munted". [Meaning broken or ruined, "munted" was voted Word of the Year by A Kiwi blog website Public Address in 2011 . ;-) ]

Finally.

I was able to squeak in 3+ hours today.

After the last several Monday's compromised I finally have one w/o emcunberences. I complained to Kate this morning about the car that never gets anytime spent on it, and she saw fit to do other things while I dinked.

The seats have brackets that work now.

The original version of the drivers side bracket was fixed. You couldn't slide the seat forward or backwards despite the bracket having a slider mechanism.

That seemed to be really stupid to me. It has been one of the obstacles to my motivation. As long as it took to get one seat mounted this time around, ( mostly because this thing sits so high).. For it not to be adjustable was equivalent to me going out on a windy day, orienting myself so the that wind was blowing directly at me, Drinking 64 ounces of Bud light, and then taking a piss.

So,.....since I don't drink Bud light,.......I decided to mount the passenger seat the correct way, and fix the driver side to match instead.

Nonetheless, I had to cut the driver side seat bracket back apart, fix what I had cut up, and clone the passenger side. 4 hours was all I had today...I'm 90% there. It'll be done tomorrow,........

On my day off.:banana:

Reactions: 3 users
What say we open the faucet slightly and end the picture drought for a change.

Besides,...I'm curious to hear the comments from the nay sayers regarding the wing...

IMAG0237_zpsjq2svqyb.jpg

This stupid looking thing has been the detractor for the last several garage days. Due to the fact that this one is cut to hell and back, the front legs are way longer than they are on the other side, but what you cant see is that there is a 1/4" spine welded under and on top of each leg to add strength to each one....I'm just glad the freakin things are done, and glad that they work.

Now for the rest of the story....

The stripe, name change, and decal turned out exactly as I expected....I'm completely happy with the effect.
IMAG0235_zps2lhmk8cc.jpg

(ex-static with the wheels)
IMAG0236_zpstwz2xtdx.jpg

The wings a keeper for sure..To me it looks like Ford coulda put it there...
IMAG0238_zpsht8nmrss.jpg

(I gotta deal with this one 1/4 window...for whatever reason the paint decided to flake off)............junk rattle can paint would be my guess..
Much in the same way that the 68 taillights forced me to try and make the 68 head lights work on the red car,..the Wing forces the OEM tail lights into consideration. Now the tail lights HAVE to happen to carry the theme or it'll miss that mark.
I put the thing on this trunk as a guinea pig test. The holes drill through to a perfect flat area on the underside...It's meant to be.

When I get back to it, I'm gonna try and get the tails roughed in. That alone will probably be several days.

OK Nick,.....I'm waiting..

• Winner
Reactions: 3 users
I really like the wing from the one picture and it does look to belong there. Can we get a couple more from the rear of the car as well?

I understand building seat frames isn't the funnest thing in the world. I had to make a set when I had a set of racing seats in mine before I put the S197 seats with fox tracks this past summer. It sucked!!!

How long till you get the rear wheels Mike?
Who knows? The wheels arrived at the resellers location end of business last Friday. He told me that they would check runout on the wheels to confirm that they are bad, and then place another order. The turn time is supposed to be 4-6 weeks..the existing wheels came in 3..Maybe they'll have a fire under their ass to get it right, and get them out in the same time.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Sorry to keep you waiting bud. First thing, I really like the decals. It’s a good look and solidifies the theme! I agree that the spoiler appears to be made for the car. I have always liked your Shelby tail lights, but will reserve judgement until I see your new ones in place. I do think it may look good once done. I like the protruding shape of the new ones. A little artistic detail if you will.

Edit: The wheels... I know I like the style of them off the car, and the pics you posted so far don’t really show how they will really look ON the car. But I can say that I already like them more than the Bullitts.

Edit #2: Your interior is friggin awesome. Hadn’t really slowed down to look at it with the new gauges until just now. For being completely made up in your head and done in your own garage, it really turned out cool as hell.

Last edited:
So far I like what i see, I will withhold further judgement pending more pictures. I will say that the stripes look right at home and I love the decals, The wing looks good in that one picture but as said above i need another angle to really judge it. Cant say much on the wheels right now without the rear set on and a good side view photo.

Why did I click on the rap video??? Because it goes boom boom boom boom! That's friggin why!

Decals...spot on. Wing...from obtuse angle....looks pretty good. Can't see enough of the passenger seat mount to notice any problem with the driver's side....good photo composition. Again, obtuse angle shot of the front wheel, but from that frigged up photo, I will say they look 10,000 better than the bullitts. I like the bullitts, but the chrome is actually something I thought would be WAAAAY out of place. It's not. Great choice!

Staying out in left field as usual I see Noobz. After scratching my head at the rap inference, I can only conclude that you think my car is a Hydraulic Hoopty because of the hanging front end pic.:rolleyes:

It boggles the mind to consider even being in the same room with your sense of humor, considering it's straight from some distant planet that sunlight takes a year to get to.

Staying out in left field as usual I see Noobz. After scratching my head at the rap inference, I can only conclude that you think my car is a Hydraulic Hoopty because of the hanging front end pic.:rolleyes:

It boggles the mind to consider even being in the same room with your sense of humor, considering it's straight from some distant planet that sunlight takes a year to get to.

You don't want to be in this head. :nonono:

It's not a jab of any kind. I was looking at the rear window panel, spoiler, and decals and it just popped into my head as its one of the few rap songs I ever appreciated. :) I think it's my Caddy's favorite. Did you even ask the little Japanese Kid if he liked it? :D

You don't want to be in this head. :nonono:

It's not a jab of any kind. I was looking at the rear window panel, spoiler, and decals and it just popped into my head as its one of the few rap songs I ever appreciated. :) I think it's my Caddy's favorite. Did you even ask the little Japanese Kid if he liked it? :D
I didn't have to....I know what the LJK likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.