Progress Thread The Northwoods Notch

The car is waiting to come out, so nothing to report. I did upgrade my (summer) daily though. Traded my 2015 F150 XLT 5.0 super cab 302a for a 2021 F150 XLT 2.7 super cab 302a. Same truck, but this one is much more comfortable (seats) and the 302a package is better now. 12” screen, heated cloth, and all led lighting. I really loved my 2015 but realized it was getting old and took advantage of the equity I had in it. I’m really excited about this 2.7. I went to the ski mountain a couple days ago (110 miles) and got 26.7 mpg.
62E53206-2C0B-4875-8334-2A9C8D0D077C.jpeg
35C12EDC-C280-487F-8782-DD01265616CB.jpeg

and old truck:
F13DDE9A-9201-4C68-BEC2-ED9ED9DA5DC9.jpeg
75A5F30E-ABB1-4F4F-A4C0-24E0CE955109.jpeg

unsure if I’m going to level this one and put 33’s on or not. The more I look at the old one the more I think that I need too. I just don’t want to ruin mpg’s!
Will 33s void the warranty ?

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice.

Ive been looking at F150s to buy and most have been the 2.7L. I kinda want the 5.0 but looks like I’ll have to drive the 2.7 and see how it feels.
I can’t feel much, if any, difference between the 2015 5.0 (385hp/387tq) and the new 2.7 (325hp/400tq). They have bumped up the hp in the 5.0 though.

Last edited:
The car is waiting to come out, so nothing to report. I did upgrade my (summer) daily though. Traded my 2015 F150 XLT 5.0 super cab 302a for a 2021 F150 XLT 2.7 super cab 302a. Same truck, but this one is much more comfortable (seats) and the 302a package is better now. 12” screen, heated cloth, and all led lighting. I really loved my 2015 but realized it was getting old and took advantage of the equity I had in it. I’m really excited about this 2.7. I went to the ski mountain a couple days ago (110 miles) and got 26.7 mpg.
62E53206-2C0B-4875-8334-2A9C8D0D077C.jpeg
35C12EDC-C280-487F-8782-DD01265616CB.jpeg

and old truck:
F13DDE9A-9201-4C68-BEC2-ED9ED9DA5DC9.jpeg
75A5F30E-ABB1-4F4F-A4C0-24E0CE955109.jpeg

unsure if I’m going to level this one and put 33’s on or not. The more I look at the old one the more I think that I need too. I just don’t want to ruin mpg’s!
Nice looking truck!

Reactions: 1 user
I GOT THE CAR OUT AND MAN IS IT GOOOD!

Decided last minute to change the oil and pull it out because it was 60 degrees today. While i was changing the oil I noticed my flaming river steering shaft was loose and tightened it. The “dead spot” is now gone. Win.

So was all the work worth it? YES. The exhaust sounds amazing. It’s a little on the quiet side but I really like the way it sounds. I think straight through mufflers do get louder over time but I’m not really concerned. It feels like everytime I put an exhaust on anything I initially think it’s too quiet and then it ends up being just fine.

The interior is noticably more quiet after the sound deadener mat and mass carpet. IlMy GF noticed it so I guess they says something.

I can’t tell about handling with the rear suspension. More seat time is needed to make that determination.

Anyway, the car is running VERY good. I’m happy about that and man did it feel good to drive it. As promised, I have a video of the new exhaust for you guys. I even got my GF to run the camera for an acceleration shot. In hindsight I probably shouldn’t have spun the tires as much so you could hear different tones in the exhaust.. it was fun though. :burnout:

Reactions: 2 users
Not much to report. I’ve been driving the car whenever I can. The left tail pipe started to rattle so I went to a friends house and used his lift to re adjust. I raised the entire exhaust system up a few inches and got everything much better. There’s really not a lot of room with factory upper control arms and 3 inch tail pipes. Not to mention the 4 adjustment points in the cat back alone make it difficult to get perfect. I’m happy with where it is though.

While I had it on the lift I changed my trans fluid and adjusted my rear ride height. I used syncomesh fluid. I does shift a little smother but I don’t think it’s as much improved as some testimonials claim.
1A223E2B-1C1A-49DD-8CBE-91983C4B8A58.jpeg

Not much to report. I’ve been driving the car whenever I can. The left tail pipe started to rattle so I went to a friends house and used his lift to re adjust. I raised the entire exhaust system up a few inches and got everything much better. There’s really not a lot of room with factory upper control arms and 3 inch tail pipes. Not to mention the 4 adjustment points in the cat back alone make it difficult to get perfect. I’m happy with where it is though.

While I had it on the lift I changed my trans fluid and adjusted my rear ride height. I used syncomesh fluid. I does shift a little smother but I don’t think it’s as much improved as some testimonials claim.
1A223E2B-1C1A-49DD-8CBE-91983C4B8A58.jpeg
I think the Ford gods alot us one GM product per car. I also used GM Synchromesh in my transmission. Your exhaust is tucked up there nicely.

Did 160 miles in the car this weekend. That's a pretty typical weekly mileage so far this season. It's running great. The friggen exhaust is still rattling. I NEED to fix that. Also, I think I need to adjust my clutch. I haven't done this since I bought the car. I have adjustable cable but no firewall adjuster. Does anyone know which way do I need to move the nuts on the transmission side of the cable for periodic adjustment? Most of the info I have found regards a firewall adjuster. Oh, and my GF broke my passenger side door handle. It still works but is seems like a pin or something broke because it's loose. I'll take a look later.

Here is a pic from today at SOPO Cars and Coffee in South Portland, ME.
28E018D8-CDC3-4A1D-A8BD-A6AB70B3C41F.jpeg

• Love
Did 160 miles in the car this weekend. That's a pretty typical weekly mileage so far this season. It's running great. The friggen exhaust is still rattling. I NEED to fix that. Also, I think I need to adjust my clutch. I haven't done this since I bought the car. I have adjustable cable but no firewall adjuster. Does anyone know which way do I need to move the nuts on the transmission side of the cable for periodic adjustment? Most of the info I have found regards a firewall adjuster. Oh, and my GF broke my passenger side door handle. It still works but is seems like a pin or something broke because it's loose. I'll take a look later.

Here is a pic from today at SOPO Cars and Coffee in South Portland, ME.
28E018D8-CDC3-4A1D-A8BD-A6AB70B3C41F.jpeg
160 miles? So a tank full of fuel. ;)

It actually did get quite a bit of attention. Surprisingly enough there were 2 other's there. An LX coupe and a GT. Now, this is out of around 100 or so cars. We have a group called Maine Foxbodies on FB and there are currently 130 members. Two weeks ago I went to Seacoast Cars and Coffee in Newington (Portsmouth), NH. There were over 1000 cars and I only saw 4 other foxbodies.

Haha, roughly @Habu135

Well, I sold my Harley to downsize but it turns out I couldn’t stay away from two wheels. Picked this up.. 2004 Buell XB12R. For those who don’t know Buell was owned by Harley at the time and this has a Harley power plant. It’s been a long time since I had a sport bike. My first bike was a 2003 Buell XB9S, about 10 years ago. So, I’ve always had a thing for them... nostalgia strikes again. I justify it because I sold my 2000 Jeep Cherokee.
B53CBB65-BF2E-440F-B3CB-5D9A8CB49EF3.jpeg
64A7C972-4FC7-4667-88E0-B2EF782A42FD.jpeg
EA58D51B-28F7-4058-9CFA-7BC58A7DC267.jpeg

That is true and his new bikes (EBR) are pretty badass. 185hp and 101tq, Vtwin. Though I’m not sure who is the manufacturer. I suspect it’s rotax because they made the 1125 motors for him.
EDIT: It appears the new 1190 motor is basically the same as the rotax 1125, but built in house by Buell.

Last edited:
Nice looking bike !
I've been out of the two wheel scene for long time but it's cool to see a what crotch rockets have become.
My first ( and last ) bike was a 1991 Ninja 600R , probably too fast for a first bike especially when I was
a testosterone filled 25yr. old.
Needless to say I totaled it and if it wasn't for my Shoei helmet I wouldn't be typing this, oh well enough nostalgia from me,
you got a nice stable of toys enjoy !