Progress Thread The Northwoods Notch

• Sponsors (?)

Scrapped the 4 post idea. I just don’t have the room. I ended up with this Universalift 2. It’s basically like a Maxjax but with a 72” lifting height. Yes, 11’ ceilings certainly work. However, you may not be able to lift to max potential with taller vehicles, like in the case of my truck. Floor to bottom of the rocker is 67” in this photo and if I had the ceiling height I could lift another 8-10”. I haven’t put the car on yet but I expect I’ll be able to lift it all the way up.
A30FE90C-EF0F-44BF-AEE2-0B115B68EEFE.jpeg

Oh, and please excuse the mess. I’ve been working on the garage and renovating a hallway in my house. Doesn’t leave much time or money for the car. Hopefully the posts will be about it soon though. We’re on the tail end of winter..

Reactions: 3 users
11 foot ceilings are definitely enough for a lift. My ceilings are 11ft and I have a Harbir Frieght scissor lift. Perfect height because it stops right before the roof hits the arm of my door lift motor. With the hood open it almost touches the ceiling. I can comfortably go under the car on a rolling stool.

28C1EF84-9799-474E-B3B5-4F5DAA1BE0C0.jpeg

Got the car on the road for the season. This lift sure makes changing oil easy!

I also picked up a new project. A 1996 F150 short bed. 300/5speed/4x4. It’s in pretty good shape rust wise, coming from Georgia in 2017. It needs a lot of TLC but I really enjoy fixing neglected, cheap, old trucks.

Reactions: 5 users
28C1EF84-9799-474E-B3B5-4F5DAA1BE0C0.jpeg

Got the car on the road for the season. This lift sure makes changing oil easy!

I also picked up a new project. A 1996 F150 short bed. 300/5speed/4x4. It’s in pretty good shape rust wise, coming from Georgia in 2017. It needs a lot of TLC but I really enjoy fixing neglected, cheap, old trucks.
I'm curious @Cheapskate207 ...what is the height of the ceiling in your garage? I'd love to have a lift, but have a 10' ceiling.

Bill

Seasonal update. The car was amazing all spring and summer. All I did was change the oil and drive it! Though not as much as normal because I was playing with trucks; details below. I hardly drove my daily 21 f150.

IMG_4262.jpeg

Here’s the 96 that I talked about above. I fixed it all up and sold it because I hated the 300 i6. I know it has a good reputation but it was soooooo slow.
IMG_4496.jpeg

Next I picked up this 94. I’m the second owner, the first was Hover City School District in Alabama. All original, zero rust, 260k, 5.0 maf/e4od/4x4. I cleaned it up and restored the blue interior. It’s a great driver, I still have it. The guy I bought it from shipped 88-96 ford trucks up from the south. He had sold hundreds but was selling everything he had left as shipping costs were too expensive now. Months after I bought the 94 he posted this and I had to have it.

IMG_5145.jpeg

93 with 64k. It’s all original down to the plug wires. Not mint but has almost no rust. I have a Powerdyne I’m gonna throw on it over the winter.

Ok back to car stuff. I MAY put a smaller pulley on it. Just cause I’m bored. The car is at a point I’m happy with. Eventually it will need paint. Maybe someday when I don’t drive it as much.

Reactions: 1 users
Seasonal update. The car was amazing all spring and summer. All I did was change the oil and drive it! Though not as much as normal because I was playing with trucks; details below. I hardly drove my daily 21 f150.

IMG_4262.jpeg

Here’s the 96 that I talked about above. I fixed it all up and sold it because I hated the 300 i6. I know it has a good reputation but it was soooooo slow.
IMG_4496.jpeg

Next I picked up this 94. I’m the second owner, the first was Hover City School District in Alabama. All original, zero rust, 260k, 5.0 maf/e4od/4x4. I cleaned it up and restored the blue interior. It’s a great driver, I still have it. The guy I bought it from shipped 88-96 ford trucks up from the south. He had sold hundreds but was selling everything he had left as shipping costs were too expensive now. Months after I bought the 94 he posted this and I had to have it.

IMG_5145.jpeg

93 with 64k. It’s all original down to the plug wires. Not mint but has almost no rust. I have a Powerdyne I’m gonna throw on it over the winter.

Ok back to car stuff. I MAY put a smaller pulley on it. Just cause I’m bored. The car is at a point I’m happy with. Eventually it will need paint. Maybe someday when I don’t drive it as much.
Nice trucks and Fox! If you thinking about paint, you might want to start talking to painters. Mine really needed paint and I couldn’t find anyone locally that would do it. Thankfully Kevin at K and K took pity on me.

Bill

Nice trucks and Fox! If you thinking about paint, you might want to start talking to painters. Mine really needed paint and I couldn’t find anyone locally that would do it. Thankfully Kevin at K and K took pity on me.

Bill
Thanks. If I do paint it will be far down the road. I know what you’re saying though.. most body shops just want to do collision and deal with insurance companies these days.

It's bullet proof because it's also gutless. LoL

[Super] nice truck though... I would have transplanted. It's even the right color. :nice:
Thank! I liked it but it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for. I wasn’t keen on the XL trim, 4.9, or the m5od (so sloppy). It sure made the farmer I sold it to happy though! I like the white and blue xlt much better.

Reactions: 1 user
A youtuber, Chris Sullivan, has a lift with short ceilings... He sits in his rolling work chair under his cars.....
I just found his channel about 3-4 weeks ago, love the content, hands down the best automotive focused channel with just a dude in his garage I've found, highly recommend.

I just found his channel about 3-4 weeks ago, love the content, hands down the best automotive focused channel with just a dude in his garage I've found, highly recommend.
Recommended to me today by an old guy at a Cars and Coffee event.. " Behind the Garage Door' by stingray Chevrolet, on youtube..... Looks like its pretty good too...

Last edited: