Progress Thread The Northwoods Notch

• Sponsors (?)

I understand,just play the hand your dealt. I do love my black interior, and even though I daily her I always get comments on how new my interior looks. I enjoy my ride and hope you do the same.

I know.. I also don’t have much interest is swapping. I’m difficult. Plus, someday I plan to repaint the car the original twilight blue and I think the blue interior will look great.

Reactions: 1 user
I have to say my original sport seats weren't bad 14 years ago,but I daily her and they became old and uncomfortable,I swapped drivers for passengers for a couple of years,then I looked into new foam and upholstery($600-$800) and doing it myself. I decided to buy new.Cyber Monday I ordered my new Corbeau sport seats($592 total). Install was a breeze, just modified stock seat brackets and the are in like Flynn.Have to say best seats I've rode in . Look and feel awsome. And my car wasn't down but an afternoon.
I looked real hard at those and they look really nice. I also looked at the TMI ‘03 Cobra setup, but ultimately I decided to stay with the stock feel.

Oh the feel of these will blow you away, like stock on steriods. Seriously best seats I've had my arss on in a car, going into a 25mph turn @55-60 inspires confidence.

I know.. I also don’t have much interest is swapping. I’m difficult. Plus, someday I plan to repaint the car the original twilight blue and I think the blue interior will look great.
My car came to me with Cipherauto race seats. I recently had them reupholstered to match the stock style fabric. They are less than $500 new for both and are very good for spirited driving.
20210108_170318.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Yea, I removed similar seats because of the color discrepancy. Sometimes I wish that I had black interior.. life would easier.

Gray interior is easier.

black interior shows all the dirt and gets hot as balls on a sunny summer day, especially with a sunroof. It photographs good, and although I have no desire to swap now, I sometimes wish the parts car I got back in 2000/2001 had a cheap Titanium/Opel interior instead of Black.

I still loved how my SN95 seats looked in the interior. I just wasn’t a fan of the lack of support and high seating position. Comfortable though.

I have nothing against gray. In fact, I almost added that to my original statement. I like gray a lot actually... when it’s fresh. I liked your sn95 seats too. But, I must say, the recaros are the ticket.

Worked in the garage today. Got a bit done but most importantly, I LEARNED A VERY IMPORTANT LESSON. I was finishing up welding my right SFC. When welding the front corner a piece of slag landed on the fuel supply line and burnt through, causing a fire. Fortunately, I always set a fire extinguisher close by when welding but it could’ve been A LOT worse. I extinguished the fire pretty much immediately but it was growing quickly. Now this is pretty much negligence on my part. I should’ve shielded the line with a piece of metal but assumed it was moved low enough out of the way to not be a problem. I’m very happy I didn’t burn my car.. or my house, considering my garage is in the basement. This has caused me to reassess welding safety while in the garage. I’m going to buy a welding blanket, a couple more fire extinguishers and try to be more careful. I feel so lucky! I’m bummed cause now I need to buy a new fuel line and install it but I guess that’s a small price to pay. I’m also thinking this is part of welding with fluxcore wire and I need to learn the proper precautions to do it safely.

I did manage to remove the rear upper and lower control arms. Not much of a feat but jacking up the car and such takes a while. My axle side rubber bushings are starting to tear. Fortunately I ordered MM upper arms, axle bushings, and spring isolators yesterday :D
AB4AC164-F99A-44B3-9FE7-A62D2D70CF32.jpeg

FBC8FD40-5AAB-4D8B-8280-9F07B39C85E5.jpeg
Im doing some work on a friends truck tomorrow but if I have time I’m going to try to get the torque box reinforcements bolted in.

Last edited:
Holy cow man !
Glad you got it extinguished quickly, smart to keep the extinguisher close by !
We are all guilty of taking things for granted sometimes and let our guard down.

Last edited:
  • Agree
That we are man @Steel1 . This was a huge wake up call. I shared it in hopes that others learn from my experience and be more conscious of safety . I had never had anything like this happen before.

Reactions: 1 users
Worked in the garage today. Got a bit done but most importantly, I LEARNED A VERY IMPORTANT LESSON. I was finishing up welding my right SFC. When welding the front corner a piece of slag landed on the fuel supply line and burnt through, causing a fire. Fortunately, I always set a fire extinguisher close by when welding but it could’ve been A LOT worse. I extinguished the fire pretty much immediately but it was growing quickly. Now this is pretty much negligence on my part. I should’ve shielded the line with a piece of metal but assumed it was moved low enough out of the way to not be a problem. I’m very happy I didn’t burn my car.. or my house, considering my garage is in the basement. This has caused me to reassess welding safety while in the garage. I’m going to buy a welding blanket, a couple more fire extinguishers and try to be more careful. I feel so lucky! I’m bummed cause now I need to buy a new fuel line and install it but I guess that’s a small price to pay. I’m also thinking this is part of welding with fluxcore wire and I need to learn the proper precautions to do it safely.

I did manage to remove the rear upper and lower control arms. Not much of a feat but jacking up the car and such takes a while. My axle side rubber bushings are starting to tear. Fortunately I ordered MM upper arms, axle bushings, and spring isolators yesterday :D
AB4AC164-F99A-44B3-9FE7-A62D2D70CF32.jpeg

FBC8FD40-5AAB-4D8B-8280-9F07B39C85E5.jpeg
Im doing some work on a friends truck tomorrow but if I have time I’m going to try to get the torque box reinforcements bolted in.
Replacing the upper control arm bushings while utilizing the Maximum Motorsports removal tool was one of the most difficult things I've done to my car to date. The alignment has to be perfect. Wow, that was a pain.

Hopefully it doesn’t fight me. I’m going to attempt using a ball joint press.

I did not get the tb reinforcements bolted in. I figured I should paint them first, so I took care that. I also disassembled my drivers seat. I’m going to sell the seat tracks. I’d like to sell the frames but I don’t think there’s a market for them. They’ll likely get tossed. I cleaned up my old BBK control arms too (kinda). I’ll prob sell them but I’m thinking I may hang on to them until my new set up is installed and works properly. I also made a trip to HF. Welding blanket, fire extinguishers, and a new respirator for painting.. I’ve been needing one for a while. And by that I mean forever lol.
AC6466A5-3505-41D3-9A8E-AB83416600B3.jpeg
6D923829-BB87-4B5B-B146-D648FBF11A8C.jpeg
F2FC82D7-E8EB-4811-B08F-A9120691DA15.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users