Progress Thread The Ragged Gt Thread-little To No Progress Made-Garage Art

I hear ya Dave . Maybe one day .. Do you think I could buff/polish the ridges smooth?
You would take the sharp edges off, but you would still see the lows below the sticker.

Sorry Chris, no real easy way out here.

Get it running, drive to Tulsa for a weekend and I'll fix it for you. See, simple solution.:D

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Had a little help getting the garage cleaned up so I can blow the car apart :)
20F14705-4551-4F3A-AA0E-5D55B5D808A8.jpeg
F0F06F55-C810-4B0F-B624-FD23B61445FE.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Happy Birthday !

Looks like a little exhaust work going on. I've got that same battery charger. That thing has been working for almost 20 years.

Reactions: 1 user
Saturday was so Frickin’ cold,I couldn’t convince myself to lay on the concrete long.
Today was a little better. I didn’t make as much progress as I had hoped I would-but all the exhaust is off,driveshaft is out,starters out. Several bolts are loose,many parts are soaking in cleaner waiting to be scrubbed and painted. So all in all a successful weekend I guess .
066F7183-6746-4254-85E5-9AE5B474E63A.jpeg

When is the last time you saw so many Stock 5.0 parts lol
F88D7E86-CB57-41FF-9FBE-6063156D28FE.jpeg

I’ve been following @VibrantRedGT ’s build thread,and after his talk about a leaking masterclyinder rotting out the inner fender area-I got to looking-
AFA3EBEA-4278-49CA-A444-CBFFD19AA817.jpeg

Looks like I’ll need to pick up another knotted wire wheel for the grinder ......
06E36C5F-42A1-46ED-9C51-A22DA2073E39.jpeg

Until next time-this is how she sits

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Holy hell, that might be worse than mine.

I'm still cleaning the area on mine. The firewall is fine of course but the area under the booster and K-Member is a mess.

Here is my damage for those who have not checked yours, it's very hard to see and can be missed.

43700894560_36d2725d54_h.jpg
Untitled by jpjr501, on Flickr

45517900171_0400d22a76_h.jpg

This is going in it's place. A reman Cardone Booster I painted in Ceramic High Heat Black and new (not remain) master cylinder.

I'll take a pic of the mess that I cleaned up in the engine bay tonight.

31971916268_ef456f7af4_h.jpg

I think every car platform reveals rust prone areas after a few decades. It looks like a lot of Foxes and SN-95 cars are experiencing frame rail/strut tower rust. I need to check mine.

In my cars defense-it’s mostly my fault. I Noticed the wet booster/gradually rusting over booster a long time ago.. But the first motor refresh and then the first two dead transmissions took precedence. I placed an order for a booster and master cylinder last night- so that’s gonna be one of the winter upgrades as well

Edit: I took that rusty inner fender pic after I smacked all over it with a hammer- though it looks terrible in the pic,it’s actually pretty solid (so far) so I’m hoping to just grind it down and cover it with a rust incapsulator type paint

Last edited:
Might want to just take a look at the other side just to check ............
I did-after I found the rot and before I hit it with a hammer lol. It really didn’t look like it was all they way through and the outside was solid and covered in factory coating. Next time I’m in the garage I’ll snag a pic...
What course of action should I take here Dave?