The Tragic Tale of ElSuperPinto

Me ordering more parts:

6a00d83451c45669e2014e8aa7fa89970d-800wi.jpg

• PlusOne
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Haven't seen the Cobra Lincoln badge before, interesting.
They're apparently something that a Mark VIII owner came up with. I wasn't expecting that decal, it was in the envelope with the 32 Valve Four Cam V8 one I ordered. The emblems were made for a few batches, but are apparently out of production, though decals of them are still available.

Reactions: 1 users
Here is the update on where Hot Rod Lincoln II is:

There is $3000 worth of parts on a shopping list in my toolbox at work from RockAuto, Modular Motorsports Racing, Ebay, Amazon, LMR, and others. I currently have a lot of bolts and other low-cost pieces on the way from various sources, but the Texas Snowpocalypse cost me a week's pay and put this on the back burner, so the high-dollar pieces like IMRC delete plates are on hold right now.

The turbo is going to be rear-mounted. This will complicate the electrical side of things (due to needing an electric oil pump to push oil back to the pan), but will simplify the hell out of the engine compartment since I won't be shoving a big turbo AND a massive engine in a space that was barely adequate for the 302.

I still need to scrounge up a Volvo steering pump, Mustang hydroboost, and Lincoln Continental oil pan and pickup tube.

The engine's cosmetics plan has been finalized, and I can't wait to show you guys the finished product when I get it all done.

Reactions: 4 users
If you need specifics about doing the remote mount I just got mine finished up
I just realized I haven't looked at your build thread in awhile. Holy crap you've been busy.

I found the page with the finalized turbos, I'll be studying it quite a bit and maybe even asking questions.

I appreciate it
No problem.

Yours looks like the LS-fighter Ford never built:
1609644282887-png.png

and @KZGUNS engine looks like a Ford interpretation of a Hellcat engine:

eb6574d8-21c5-4cda-82bf-50c727829b77-jpeg.jpg

If I hadn't been so "boxed in" mentally on what a Ford 302 could look like, I would've joined you two in making beautiful creations like these, Lord knows it would've been easier to fit into a II. They both look so radically different from other Ford Windsors that at first glance nobody is going to realize that's what they are, and they're both so cleanly executed that it looks like they should've been done that way in the first place.

But alas, I've already bought over a thousand dollars worth of stuff for the 4.6 (which was going to be a budget build originally, but since it's the only thing automotive I really get excited about after working on cars for half my life, I pursued something better) and have it's final appearance completely worked out (your plumbing pics for the rear-mount turbo setup you're running helped me finalize that last night, I'll only be running a single, but my setup under the car won't be terribly different from yours), so I'll be shoehorning that big bitch in there instead! :jester:

Reactions: 3 users