The Tragic Tale of ElSuperPinto

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe you should try and save it and transplant ElSuperPinto into ElSuperPinto2 - The Sequel!! ;)
Nah, too much work and no room.

However...

0702191226.jpg

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
So what'd ya do with the other hood? I don't see it listed in the parts section yet.....

Did you kill it with fire?? lol
1562158207696.jpeg
480 × 360
It is on my farm trailer to be hauled off with the rest of my accumulated scrap metal on Friday.

If you want it though, it's yours for the cost of shipping, and even then I feel like I'm ripping you off.

Nah, I think you should go save ElSuperPinto2 and just keep it!! :nice: ;):rlaugh:
Ain't gonna be an ElSuperPinto2. Hell some days I feel like there might not be an ElSuperPinto anymore. In all irony, I went to the yard to get a part for the old man's Suburban, and just saw this bright orange "beacon" glowing in the distance and had to go check it out.

Reactions: 1 user
I should've pulled all the marker lights off that orange creamsicle while I was there so I could delete the vinyl Ghia strips on ElSuperPinto.

The things you think of after you leave! But they'll probably still be there when you go back - one of the good things about playing with IIs, there aren't a lot of people looking for these parts! :)

I've been on vacation this week, so I've been making time for "me" as much as possible for a change. Finally got around to the radio upgrade and backup camera install on the 4Runner... Sort of, waiting on an extension for the RCA cable for the backup camera to finish it.

0705190934a.jpg
0705190934c.jpg
0705190934b.jpg

Between the new hood and swap parts for ElSuperPinto, an awesome day trip to Austin with the girlfriend, and this, I'm having a pretty good week.

Reactions: 1 users
So...

When I put the "new" hood on ElSuperPinto, the air cleaner no longer had sufficient clearance. While hood clearance is likely also going to be an issue with the super-secret-powertrain-swap that the details of will remain vague until the new engine is actually in my possession, something also needs to be done about it now.

Problem 1: There's very little hood clearance between the top of the MSD Atomic throttle body and the hood due to the Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold, the 1" spacers between the block and the motor mounts for oil-pan-to-rack-&-pinion clearance, and well... how low Mustang II hoods sat from the factory.

Problem 2: I'm broke. We're talking throwing all the :poo: I've hoarded for years on Ebay at "get it out of here now because I need the room and money" broke starting thos morning.

Problem 3: I need to get the car running with it's current powertrain ASAP for minimal cash outlay.

I may have stumbled upon a solution to fix the problem, completely by accident. I was looking at low profile carburetor hats from Spectre when I stumbled upon a post on a Jeep forum comparing the Spectre hat to the stock one on the 5.2 and 5.9 Magnum Grand Cherokees.

mopar.png

That sure does look like a pretty decent fix for my problem right there I tell ya whut.

1610e431dde1f888a1988b4f24cdbddb.jpg

Even better, there's always about a million 5.2 and 5.9 Grand Cherokees, Durangos, and Dakotas that use that hat at the yard.

Mopar parts on ElSuperPinto... who knew this day might come?

This weekend should have me busier than a one-legged-man in an ass-kicking contest, but I'll see if I can't sneak out to either of the two local yards and grab the air intake from one of those piece of junk Chryslers and give it a more deserving home.

Reactions: 3 users