Progress Thread The Tale Of Elsuperpinto (there Has Been An Awakening. )

74stang2togo

Walks Into Lift Arms at Work
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
Monster's new trans is in the Suburban. Shifted fine the 20 miles or so we drove it yesterday. I'll probably drive it the 105 miles round-trip to and from work tonight to see if it's actually worth a damn or not.

• Sponsors (?)

74stang2togo

Walks Into Lift Arms at Work
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
So... Suburban drives fine so far, but hell, it did that with the first transmission from Monster for about 100 miles and we're not there yet. I think the old man is too scared to trust it and too in love with the 4Runner (which he's been borrowing from me), but whatever.

In SuperPinto news... even though I've been on vacation this whole week, I've spent 90% of it or so asleep. Battery in the II is charged though, I've kept it on the charger this whole time, and today I went down to the tax office and renewed it's antique plates (which expired back in March) until 2023. I've got an errand to run tomorrow, and some maintenance that needs done on the 4Runner (oil change, spark plugs, and the gear oil in both diffs and the transfer case changed), but Sunday... Sunday something might happen, I've been playing with the idea of doing the rack and pinion.