The Tragic Tale of ElSuperPinto

I think it looks good just the way it is :nice:
It needs the 2" lift to clear the bigger tires it'll be getting next year... plus it'll be getting it's own little off-road utility trailer (which I might do a build thread in "other auto tech" for, since I'm going to build a custom trailer that'll share the 4Runner's bolt pattern on the axle among other cool features) to tug around to remote places, and more skid plates, and a roof rack, and so on and so forth. My long-term goal (either July of 2021 or 2022) is to drive it to Tuktoyaktuk and see the Arctic Ocean, with a lot of smaller adventures leading up to it.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

My long-term goal (either July of 2021 or 2022) is to drive it to Tuktoyaktuk and see the Arctic Ocean, with a lot of smaller adventures leading up to it.
Now that's my kind of adventure! I want to see lots of pictures although I expect finding internet connections will be a problem.

Reactions: 1 user
20201214_214137.jpg

Two inches closer to my goal...

Reactions: 2 users
Matt, I think maybe you should reconsider your trek vehicle..... :jester:

1608042718837.png

As I've said before, this is definitely NOT my style - but you like this kind of stuff, right? :cheers:

Matt, I think maybe you should reconsider your trek vehicle..... :jester:

1608042718837.png

As I've said before, this is definitely NOT my style - but you like this kind of stuff, right? :cheers:
2d1652e9b66e8d6dace9dc787361ee05.png

4-wheel drive and bullet-proof reliability over someone else's project with future spark plug and cam phaser issues. (Or the future need to pull the engine to replace the rear timing chain if it has the 4.0).

Last edited:
My long-term goal (either July of 2021 or 2022) is to drive it to Tuktoyaktuk and see the Arctic Ocean, with a lot of smaller adventures leading up to it.
That sounds like a very good plan!
My wife and I wan't also to travel into the north. We want to see the polar lights. But this has still some time for us.

Last edited: