The Tragic Tale of ElSuperPinto

20201113_074242.jpg

It's getting real.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Rumor is he may soon have a torque troll available, at one time it came pre-bent.
But that's just a rumor :shrug:
Cracka please, I'm running 44 year old leaf springs, Chinese u-bolts from the parts store, and Stumpy's Fabworks traction bars... one of those three things is bound to hold that rear end straight!

(I hope.)

Work officially started on getting the 4.6 ready to rock-n-roll today. Shop was slow as hell, so I grabbed the water pump pulley, thermostat housing, and oil filter adapter/water outlet and threw them in the parts washer for an hour, then started cleaning them up with 3M scuff pads for paint.

20201116_163541.jpg
20201116_164034.jpg

The other parts still need more work before being ready for paint, but the water pump pulley turned out real nice in rattle-can gloss black.

Time to rock-n-roll...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06En3XrfzwY

Reactions: 3 users
20201123_113932.jpg

Flow-tested Mike's old injectors today. They were very consistent, with all of 4ml difference in fluid flow between the best and worst flowing over the course of the test.

Reactions: 4 users
I have no clue what he's doing but it's still cool to see.
That shot is the injectors running full-tilt with a blend of 93-octane gasoline and BG fuel injector cleaner (hence the foam).

Yes it its, but if he's making fro-yo I want strawberry!
You'll get chocolate and you'll like it! :mad:

• Haha
I talked to a potential buyer about the car today. We were closer on price than any prospective buyer yet. If he decides to put a little more money on the table, that 4.6 and all the parts I've gathered up for it, will need a new home.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Dislike