Progress Thread Therapy Car-- Freshening Up the Lower Intake

I just gotta ask...
What is "Olive the fet"?
Are you in the mob, and this is the nickname the boss gave you?
You know,..like " ice pick Willie, Frankie fingers, Mickey blue eyes...

"Let's give this one to Olive the fet,.....he'll make the guy regret the day he was born"

• Sponsors (?)

Soooooo. Moving on. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this plug?

20190204_215005.jpg

This goes to the fog lights and attaches to the switch on the dash. This one will not work properly without something like a piece of wood jammed into it.

Second question for the night. What kind of sealant works best when installing the coolant temp sending unit? At least I think that is what this is.

20190204_220234.jpg

It goes here.

20190204_220253.jpg

Thanks!

Soooooo. Moving on. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for this plug?

20190204_215005.jpg

This goes to the fog lights and attaches to the switch on the dash. This one will not work properly without something like a piece of wood jammed into it.

Second question for the night. What kind of sealant works best when installing the coolant temp sending unit? At least I think that is what this is.

20190204_220234.jpg

It goes here.

20190204_220253.jpg

Thanks!

Yep what Karthief said, just don't over tighten that thing. That lower intake will crack pretty easily. You’ll be pulling out that lower intake and replacing it. I did that a long time ago. :doh:

Thats a coolant temp sensor and liquid thread sealant works good.
Thanks!

That interior looks really clean!
Appreciate it Mstng93SSP!

That's great stanglx2002. I'll order one today!

Yep what Karthief said, just don't over tighten that thing. That lower intake will crack pretty easily. You’ll be pulling out that lower intake and replacing it. I did that a long time ago. :doh:

Duly noted BlakeusMaximus!

I used a replacement harness on my fog light switch but I de-pinned the wires and stuck them into the new replacement. Kinda easy to do with a pick. There are little plastic keepers that just need to be gently pryed over to release the wires.

I don't like cutting factory wires.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I'm with you on not wanting to cut the wires. Unfortunately the PO had cut out both the head light and fog light plugs and did a terrible job of using crimp connectors to wire it all back together. I went ahead and cut that stuff out and soldered the connections and covered them with shrink rap. I'll probably take your advice and depin the current connector. That way I don't have to solder the connection again. I ordered a new plug at lunch.

Reactions: 1 user

20190204_215005.jpg

20190204_220234.jpg

It goes here.

20190204_220253.jpg

Thanks!

I used Teflon tape on my sending unit that goes to the gauge. I didn’t see teflon mentioned, so I guess I’ll be watching for leaks!

The new brake calipers came in today. Got one side on.

20190205_221936.jpg
Unfortunately the banjo nut for the other side apparently fell out of the box on the way to me. It will be a couple of days for it to get here.