Progress Thread Therapy Car-- Freshening Up the Lower Intake

• Sponsors (?)

My Bad, talking like I do to my Mechanics here. I am at work also, I looked it up in the Point of Sale for the Time for Repair.
Keep in mind that when We replace a compressor, to get the warranty, your replacing the whole system
Compressor
Condenser
Drier
Orifice / Expansion
Flush System
Freon
Labor

I will edit soon with a full quote because I am bored (Labor is $80.00 per hour)

A/C COMPRESSOR - 390.00
A/C DRIER - 45.00
A/C CONDENSER - 189.00
A/C ORIFICE TUBE - 40.00
INSTALL COMPRESSOR - 80.00
INSTALL DRIER - 80.00
INSTALL CONDENSER - 80.00
INSTALL ORIFICE TUBE - 40.00
FLUSH SOLVENT - 35.00
FLUSH OF SYSTEM LABOR - 40.00
AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE:
AIR CONDITIONING/DYE OIL- 9.95
AIR CONDITIONING SERVICE - 49.95
134A FREON - 31.90
SHOP SUPPLIES - 7.50

Sub Total - 998.30
Supplies - 12.58
FET - 0

Sales Tax - 60.65

Total - 1,071.53

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 1 user
Here is a pic of where the line is so close to the header.
20200424_194151.jpg

Well. I put everything back together. New o-rings and all greased up. Put some pressure on it and guess what. It still leaks. I'm not messing with it any more tonight. I might have some time tomorrow. These are slip fittings. What the F! Maybe it the dryer connection.

I'm going to steal some of my son's bubble juice to check for leaks tomorrow.

In the third pic at the S in the tube is where I bet the leak will be, I see a discoloration on the pipe and it looks like aluminum colored spray pattern on the header tube in that same place.I
The factory has a insulating cover there on the ac pipe.

@jrichker I'm not sure what that is, but I do like the fact that you dropped into this thread! @General karthief I'm not sure what that stuff on the header is. The line in question is new. Never been used. The only pressure it has seen is the little bit I've put on it looking for leaks. I can hear the leak at the firewall connection. I'll try to get a video of it.

It could be in the s bend. I just want to point out that everything in this system is new. I put a few miles on the car last weekend but I've only driven the car a hand full of times other than that.

If you can give me some info on the custom AC line place I might look into getting one made before I do much more.

Unless I am mistaken, that part is permanently crimped inside the aluminum tube that connects the condenser up front of the radiator to the evaporator inside the cabin.
A post of yours from another thread explains it best for this part. I have never had to replace one of these before like described here. Thanks for dropping in to lend some help :nice:

Found the AC leak. Using some bubble juice it turned out to be the pressure sensor on the dryer. It held pressure and is now holding vacuum. Plan is to swap the dryer and vac it again then charge the system.

Took the car for a cruise today. On rough roads there was a clunking noise coming from the right front tire area. Got it home and checked everything out. It was the top not on the strut. I haven't touched that since I had it aligned. Not sure if that's on them or me. It needs another alignment anyway. I guess that's what these short shake down rides are for anyway.

Reactions: 2 users