Progress Thread Therapy Car-- Freshening Up the Lower Intake

• Sponsors (?)

My car is lowered on Steeda sport springs. I have Steeda CC plates and bump steer kit. I run ~3.5* of caster and ~1.4* of camber. I set the bump steer kit up by matching the angle of the control arms to the angle of the tie rods vs. the stock measurements. I know that's not the 100% proper way to do it, but my car drives great. It has almost no bump steer or tram railing. Those 2 parts made a huge difference on how the car drives vs. just being lowered with a alignment.

CC plates came in today!

20190320_192459.jpg

Started installing the Maximum CC plates tonight. I bought a set of Monroe struts off of Rock Auto to replace the old units that came on the car. They were inexpensive. Anyway, they fit fine but not with the CC plates. This is what the factory CC plate looks like with Monroe strut.

20190324_220304.jpg
When I put the MM plate on this is what i ended up with.
20190324_220107.jpg
I tried thaking a spacer out but it was still to short. Has anyone else had this problem? What front struts would you guys suggest?

This is a pic of the bump stop.
20190324_220236.jpg

Didn't hit "post reply" last night. :doh:

Called MM today. Super nice guys by the way! They said I wasn't the first person to run into this issue using Monroe struts. They suggest KYB as a decent strut for my application. I really dont want to spend $500 on struts right now.

I ordered two KYB 734013 AXG manually adjustable struts from Rock Auto.

If anyone needs a set of new Monroe struts to replace there worn out stock front end setup let me know. I got a deal on the ones I have and will probably never need them. I also have new urethane strut bushings that I won't be using now.

Reactions: 1 user
Bought a set of KYB AGX struts for the front of the car. I hope they are OK. Rock Auto had them on sale, but I've seen some post where it looks like some people dont like them.

They seem to be cut down to where they let the car sit lower. I'm also installing the camber plates. Does this look right?
20190330_221731.jpg

I'm thinking about moving the .5 inch bushing from the top of the camber plate to the bottom of the plate. I need to get the other side on along with wheels so I can drop the car and see how it sits.

I always put the 1/2 spacer on the bottom...looks neater to me. The technical thing is to compensate for suspension drop at the strut mount. As the suspension goes down that rod goes further into the strut....so technically....the spacer would go on the top. With stiffer lowering springs I doubt you'll ever reach the internal limits of the strut. I never have and neither have my customers. I always put the spacer on the bottom to avoid hood clearance issues and the look of that nut sitting on top the spacer.

Best pic yet.

20190401_220824.jpg

Both CC plates are in. Most importantly they are installed correctly. In the last pic the plat was upside down!

Got the wife in the garage to pump the brakes. It's almost to the point it can be driven. Front end will have to be all lined up but at least I can get it from the rental to the new house without a tow truck.

Reactions: 1 users
Being able to do with your car whatever you want is at the heart of the automotive community IMHO. But, do you ever see something on the road or around town that makes stop and ask yourself what the hell is that person thinking? What is the goal? I've been seeing this thing around town. It's truly unique. I'm pretty sure it has the 2JZ in it, but why did they do this?

Lexus1.jpg
Lexus2.jpg