Progress Thread Therapy Car-- Freshening Up the Lower Intake

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang parts in the back of a Mustang. Looks better than they did. Let's see if they work.

20220525_215328-jpg.697161

I forgot there was an active SSI thread floating around. LoL

You gotta get crackin' :O_o:

And do you have a solution for the fuel rail issue?
From what I have read about these intakes the latter ones didn't have a lot of problems. I think they improved the way the fuel cross over connects the two fuel rails. I changed the o-rings on mine and have kept an eye on it. I haven't had any problems with it leaking, but honestly even though I've owned this car for quite a while at this point I haven't put a lot of miles on it. This intake was installed on the car when I got it. I've thought about changing it out due to the issue you are referring to, but it's also unique. How many of them have you seen on a car recently? Mine is the only one I've seen on here. That is active at least. On the other hand I can use that same argument to justify getting rid of it. They burn your car to the ground!

I've not had, or made, time to do much of anything with the cars. I got all the gaskets that I need to put the intake back on. Hopefully I'll have time this weekend to mess with it. Thats the plan anyway!

Reactions: 1 users