Thunder Autosports In Boynton Beach Fl...still In Business?

Gunmonkey

Apr 16, 2016
South Florida
Does anyone know if Thunder Autosports is still in business? I was speaking with Steve Lee there about a month ago regarding getting my car dyno tuned, and he told me to call him back in a week to schedule a drop-off. Been leaving messages once a week for a month now, no reply. It's a bit too far for me to drive up to check out myself so I'm wondering if anyone knows if they are still in business, and if so, do you have an alternate contact method for them aside from the main number. Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

He usually gets back to me within a day. That is odd... are you calling the 561-369-1711 #? You can also try Tim at MPR in Boynton at 561- 588-0188 and ask him about Steve as they are tight.

Reactions: 1 user
He usually gets back to me within a day. That is odd... are you calling the 561-369-1711 #? You can also try Tim at MPR in Boynton at 561- 588-0188 and ask him about Steve as they are tight.

Yes, that's the number I have for Steve. Seemed strange because we spoke about my project several times, he said he'd take it in, and he asked me to call him to schedule a time to drop it off. Thanks for the info on Tim. I'll give that a try.

well, once you do get it in you will be happy. I've known Steve for 20 years and he is the only person I would let touch my car. He's tuned 3 of my cars including my current Vortech'd car. He will not tune it so you look good on paper and blow the motor. One thing you should know... he uses Diablo software.

Please keep me posted.

well, once you do get it in you will be happy. I've known Steve for 20 years and he is the only person I would let touch my car. He's tuned 3 of my cars including my current Vortech'd car. He will not tune it so you look good on paper and blow the motor. One thing you should know... he uses Diablo software.

Please keep me posted.

Yep, I asked around locally and Steve came very highly recommended, that's why I'd like him to do the tuning. When I spoke with him, he was getting set up to use SCT as well, which is what I have, because Diablo no longer makes a chip for my car and thus far I've been unable to locate a used one. The last time I heard from Steve he told me he'd be operational with the new software in about a week and to call him then so he could get me in, which I did and left a message...haven't heard from him since, so hopefully he's ok.

One I've heard incredible things about Steve, I've met him once. Extremely knowledgable guy.

Second, I have a used Diablo chip if you are interested.

I heard great things about Steve as well, which is why I wanted to have him tune the car, and the couple of discussions we had about the project at the beginning went well and he said he'd take the project. However, the complete lack of response (after HE told ME to call him back to set up a day to bring the car in) isn't exactly confidence-inspiring.

I may be interested in the Diablo chip. I have a SCT chip now and Steeda said thats fine; if anything changes and I need the Diablo I'll hit you up. Thank you.

I heard great things about Steve as well, which is why I wanted to have him tune the car, and the couple of discussions we had about the project at the beginning went well and he said he'd take the project. However, the complete lack of response (after HE told ME to call him back to set up a day to bring the car in) isn't exactly confidence-inspiring.

I may be interested in the Diablo chip. I have a SCT chip now and Steeda said thats fine; if anything changes and I need the Diablo I'll hit you up. Thank you.

No problem man.

What about power by the hour?

I doubt Steeda will be cheap either...but so far they've been absolutely stellar on the communication side of things getting my project set up. Wish I'd contacted them sooner...I'd probably be driving my car right now, lol.

Is Matt still there? He was a good guy that knows his chit. whatever you do ,, avoid Mustang Specialties in Pompano.

Sorry, for the delay. Busy as hell and traveling. I'm working with Rod at Steeda. He's been fantastic...calls me with updates and replies to my emails usually within an hour! What a difference compared to ZERO communication from Thunder Autosports for a month, lol. Car should be done soon. Looking forward to the final dyno numbers.

Sorry, for the delay. Busy as hell and traveling. I'm working with Rod at Steeda. He's been fantastic...calls me with updates and replies to my emails usually within an hour! What a difference compared to ZERO communication from Thunder Autosports for a month, lol. Car should be done soon. Looking forward to the final dyno numbers.

Cool. I use Steeda for my alignments.