• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Tinted Taillight!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter MarcoCapone
  • Start date Start date Jul 3, 2006

MarcoCapone

Member
Aug 6, 2003
44
0
6
Jul 3, 2006
#1
  • Jul 3, 2006
  • #1
Last weekend I've intalled my autobadge.com taillight tint on a brand new set of taillight (one of my old had water infiltration probleme) the result is #1 but i noticed that the day after 8 or 9 bubbles had formed in two of the tint sheet!?!?!? There were none the day I tinted them!! How can this happens???? Do you think I can use a needle and just get the air out of it?!?!?

Anyways if nothing can be done I'll live with it!!!
 

Attachments

  • back.webp
    54.6 KB · Views: 190
  • side.webp
    48.7 KB · Views: 198
0

'03GTinFLA

Member
May 29, 2004
486
0
17
St. Petersburg, FL
Jul 3, 2006
#2
  • Jul 3, 2006
  • #2
Did they give you one of those 3M spatula type things to sqeeze air bubbles out when you put on the tint? I did mine with that it everything went OK. I got mine from fordpower.net.
I would say you could pin the holes and then use the spatula deal to sqeeze out remaining air. I don't see how it could make it any worse, but that's just my thoughts. Never had experience with that problem.
 

Pughman

Member
Dec 25, 2004
295
2
18
in a galaxy far far away"MISSOURI"
Jul 3, 2006
#3
  • Jul 3, 2006
  • #3
i just made mine . cost like 5.00$ . and how did you put it on ? you might need to take it back off and redo it ?

 

Attachments

  • mustang003.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 126
P

Pennywise2

Banned
May 16, 2006
1,379
1
0
Jul 4, 2006
#4
  • Jul 4, 2006
  • #4
Your lights look good Pughman!
I need to try that with my car.
 

Stang|ess

seeking cyber partner(s)
Oct 18, 2003
941
0
37
Hawaii
Jul 4, 2006
#5
  • Jul 4, 2006
  • #5
a camaro and cobra badge!

try and squeeze them out with a credit card or something flat.
 

MarcoCapone

Member
Aug 6, 2003
44
0
6
Jul 4, 2006
#6
  • Jul 4, 2006
  • #6
the cobra badge is the place where I bought the car its called Cobra autosport I'll remove but im scared to damage the paint!!! And the camaro is my brother's car!
 

streethorse

15 Year Member
Oct 8, 2005
1,042
6
58
Dallas Texas
Jul 4, 2006
#7
  • Jul 4, 2006
  • #7
let it dry in the sun for a while, the bubbles may go away. Thats how it is
with window tint.... looks bad the 1st couple of days.
 
J

j_dub

New Member
Apr 16, 2006
4
0
0
Houston/Galveston
Jul 5, 2006
#8
  • Jul 5, 2006
  • #8


I like mine too.
 

speedfreak98r

Banned
Jan 31, 2006
0
0
0
Houston Area
Jul 6, 2006
#9
  • Jul 6, 2006
  • #9
I think I'm just going to get the black-out covers.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
354
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
J
'96 Cobra: A/C gets weak and engine misfires under load when warm
  • jruhnke
  • Oct 22, 2025
  • SVT Tech Forum
Replies
2
Views
395
SVT Tech Forum Nov 20, 2025
nickyb
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
260
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
F
Trouble Shooting Sudden Shift of AFR at low RPM
  • Farva_84
  • Jun 6, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
576
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jun 8, 2025
Farva_84
F
B
'03 GT Fuel Pump/Pressure/Delivery Issue
  • Brodach
  • Oct 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 31, 2025
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?