Track vid & pics from 1/4 mile track rental, 347 T Trim N20 Notch, Cobras, ALOT more

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
Modular Powerhouse and StreetStangs had a track rental in Montgomery and they were kind enough to invite our group as well, so we took a crew up there today. It rained for a bit but went away and it got COLD, times started dropping! Alot of people got new bests.

Here is the first video, there will be another one coming. The Cobra is Broke7 from the boards. KB 2.4@ 24 psi, stock longblock, boltons, still 6 speed and IRS on stock half shafts. I filmed some of his runs with his camera. Watch some of those sideways runs! :eek:

http://media.putfile.com/MMP-Track-Rental--2006

AllenCobra.jpg

AllenCobraIceTank.jpg

BillBradsCars.jpg

BenBradsCars.jpg

BenBradsCars2.jpg

Ben408WS61.jpg

Ben408WS62.jpg

BradNotch.jpg

BradNotchSide.jpg

Got this launch coming up too early, damn it
BradLaunchEarly1.jpg

Again too early
BradLaunchEarly2.jpg

Timed it better but was in the stands kind of too far away and wasnt holding it steady enough
View attachment 425148

BradNotchTimeSlip.jpg

Attachments

• AllenCobra.jpg
    AllenCobra.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 75
  • AllenCobraIceTank.jpg
    AllenCobraIceTank.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 76
  • BillBradsCars.jpg
    BillBradsCars.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 81
  • BenBradsCars.jpg
    BenBradsCars.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 79
  • BenBradsCars2.jpg
    BenBradsCars2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Ben408WS61.jpg
    Ben408WS61.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 81
  • Ben408WS62.jpg
    Ben408WS62.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 76
  • BradNotch.jpg
    BradNotch.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 79
  • BradNotchSide.jpg
    BradNotchSide.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 80
  • BradLaunchEarly1.jpg
    BradLaunchEarly1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 74
  • BradLaunchEarly2.jpg
    BradLaunchEarly2.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 73
  • BradNotchTimeSlip.jpg
    BradNotchTimeSlip.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Sponsors (?)

CaseyLightning.jpg

Showing off the aerodynamics!
CaseyLightningGrilles.jpg

CaseyLightningEngine.jpg

Here it is launching but that isnt the actual launch, thats the rebound after it unloaded, like it launched twice!
CaseyLaunchRebound.jpg

CaseyTimeSlip.jpg

JWRoush1.jpg

JWRoush2.jpg

JWRoushInterior.jpg

JWRoushEngine.jpg

JWRoushEngineSide.jpg

Attachments

• CaseyLightning.jpg
    CaseyLightning.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 73
  • CaseyLightningGrilles.jpg
    CaseyLightningGrilles.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 62
  • CaseyLightningEngine.jpg
    CaseyLightningEngine.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 75
  • CaseyLaunchRebound.jpg
    CaseyLaunchRebound.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 72
  • CaseyTimeSlip.jpg
    CaseyTimeSlip.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 72
  • JWRoush1.jpg
    JWRoush1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 66
  • JWRoush2.jpg
    JWRoush2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 78
  • JWRoushInterior.jpg
    JWRoushInterior.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 70
  • JWRoushEngine.jpg
    JWRoushEngine.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 76
  • JWRoushEngineSide.jpg
    JWRoushEngineSide.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 67
The White and Black Striped 03 Cobra has a KB 2.2 @ 22 PSI, NX 60 Shot, Lentech 4R70W Swap with a power eating converter, 17 Inch Hoosier DR's, full weight with even a showcar Roush Toolbox added to the underside of the trunk lid lol. Raceweight around 3900-3950 or so. He ran a [email protected] MPH with a 1.52 60 ft, [email protected] in the 1/8.

The 02 WS6 has a LME Iron Block 408, LME Heads, some big nitrous cam, Fast 90/90, Faceplated T56, McLeod Street Twin, weight reduction, FULL suspension, 4.56's, MT Slicks. He JUST got the car back together after being down for months with a busted clutch and just got the trans in it, it had 2 miles on it before he started making passes lol. He went a 10.77@@127.11 with a 1.49 60 ft and a [email protected] in the 1/8. Car has plenty of nitrous too but wasnt used today.

The Silver 93 Notch is the one I posted before, Dart Block 347, Vortech T Trim @ 18 PSI, 100 Shot on some runs, 150 shot on one run, C4, 3.73's, 28 Inch MT Slicks. Went a 9.98 the first pass on blower and the 1/8 was two tenths off his best. He sprayed 100 shot it ran a 9.22@147 with a 1.35 60 ft, sprayed it again and it ran a 9.2x@148, so he put the 150 shot in it, ran a [email protected] MPH with a 1.51 60 ft. It will run 8's if it will 60 ft! :eek: Ran a [email protected] on one of the 100 shot passes, 121 in the 1/8 on the 150 shot. :eek: :eek:

Green 99 Roush has a MPH Built motor, MPH Heads, cams, KB 2.2, TH400 Trans and full suspension. Car has a bottle but it wasnt used as the solenoids blew up last night. He ran a [email protected] MPH with a 1.45 60 ft, [email protected] in the 1/8!

02 Lightning, JLP Shortblock, Patriot Heads, Comp Cams, Whipple 2.3, NX 125 Shot, stock transmission with valve body, ran a [email protected] :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: It didnt even 60 ft like it has before, truck will go low low 10's, if not high 9's soon. :jaw:

The stickercharged civic, well I really dont know LOL!

Woodrow said:
No pics of Jim Fitz car the Kb 2.2 2valve GT that went 9.60's?

No but he was sitting close to us in the pits all day, I didnt know em so I really didnt bother taking pics of it, especially with how crappy the pics were coming out with how cloudy it was one minute and how much glare there was the next.

I was hoping they could get a little match race going with Jim Fitz and the silver notch.

The green Roush is an MPH built car and he knows Jim and all them.

310stanger said:
nice cars super fast runs but for christ sake what the feck is that tree even there for, hardly anyone left on green which means the runs are basically bogus.

Are you kidding me? It was a TRACK RENTAL! Not a race event! The timer doesnt start until you break the beams and redlighting doesent affect your times, which is what people were trying to do that day, have fun and get new times.

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Are you kidding me? It was a TRACK RENTAL! Not a race event! The timer doesnt start until you break the beams and redlighting doesent affect your times, which is what people were trying to do that day, have fun and get new times.

which is a good point..

but it does make it hard for *comparisions* sake... I like to know how far either car would have been ahead in the race going down the track.. thats impossible when every run was a redlight.