Digital Tuning Tuner question

I recently bought a 2015 gt with jlt intake, borla exhaust and h-pipe. In order to run the jlt intake I understand you need to have a tune. The car did not come with a tuner. My question is can i buy a tuner to work with it and can someone explain married/unmarried, as it relates to tuner, not personal matters of the heart.

• Sponsors (?)

you can buy one if you want you dont need it

sct xcals are "married" when a tune is written to a vehicle from one. It is unmarried when you return it back to the unwritten tune.

Most serious tuning shops dont use them. I stopped carrying and selling sct handhelds back in 2010. Since then all the 1996-2019 cars I tune at my shop here in new orleans I direct flash using my generic obdii cable.

im just seeing this i dont frequent here often

the 2011+ cars don't require dyno tunes since they have on board widebands

if you want the ability to switch tunes or update tunes without going some place then yes you would need some hardware to write the ecu

a handheld can do that as is the most common practice. The sct x4s are fairly popular on the coyotes. I have the JLT maf transfer on my website for tuners to plug the data in to the calibration. If you get an xcal and need assistance just give me a shout.