• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Electrical Two easy (?) electrical questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7991LXnSHO
  • Start date Start date Feb 8, 2020
  • Tags Tags
    electical

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
7,387
2,745
194
Kearney, NE
Feb 8, 2020
#1
  • Feb 8, 2020
  • #1
1. Does anyone have a diagram or picture of where the grounds are located in a 1991 5.0 LX? What about for other years of Fox bodies? I specifically am concerned about Dash ones, but any/all might need inspected after almost 30 years, and I want to prevent the standard Problem with the gauges all periodically pegging out I have had on all my other Fox bodies. The ground next to the battery is good.

2. Where exactly is the €^*~ door/key chime? The sick one I have is quiet enough to just hear over the ringing in my ears and annoy my kids, but not loud enough to locate. Anyone have a good one they took out they’d like to send far away for a minimal charge?
Thanks!
I am going to be replacing my console lid with one that has cup holders rather than an ash tray since I have a caffeine addiction, not a nicotine problem. I might as well address two electrical issues while I am in there.
 

Blown88GT

Founding Member
Nov 13, 1999
2,283
524
164
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Feb 8, 2020
#2
  • Feb 8, 2020
  • #2
1. Info is located in the EVTM
2. It's also in the EVTM. Chime module is behind center of instrument panel. It's too annoying, I disconnected it.
P.80

1988 Mustang Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Guide (EVTM)

File is too large to upload. Here is link to it on my Google Drive. View: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1on5czXKmpETzxUggWTGtoUuVkJT2UUxN
www.stangnet.com
 

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
7,387
2,745
194
Kearney, NE
Feb 9, 2020
#3
  • Feb 9, 2020
  • #3
The file is big enough that my Kindle threatened to self immolate if I opened it. I will see how a laptop does with it.

Still looking to re-home a door key chime.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved Wiring electric fan
  • cbac89
  • Aug 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
167
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
cbac89
Electrical/engine bay harness questions
  • djj62478
  • May 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
370
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 6, 2026
djj62478
1
Electrical Headlight harness trouble
  • 1985fox
  • Apr 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
390
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 17, 2026
AeroCoupe
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
179
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
Electrical 88 EEC Injectors batch firing ?
  • Dustin 86GT
  • Dec 8, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
536
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 8, 2026
gkomo
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?