Update of before and after pictures of 85 circle track car

krallman

Mar 3, 2006
Hurricane, WV
DSCN3358.jpg

DSCN3369.jpg

DSCN3372.jpg

DSCN3158.jpg

Well today was the first race since it got rained out saturday. I did pretty damn good i thought. I was mostly just trying to figure out the car for today since i blew out timing cover gasket and blowing oil on my right front in practice friday. I started off in 13th and eventually found my way up to third on the 18th out of 20 laps. So it was a mustang in front and a camaro in front of me. On the last lap i got greedy and went for second and went into turn 1 a little too hard and pushed up the track dropping me down to 6th where i ended up finishing.
I wish you guys could have seen how i pulled away from the camaros on the restarts after cautions. It was amazing.
For you guys that remember that this was a CFI car the only damage today was a camaro got into my drivers side door and bent it up pretty good, but you know your racing when you have someone elses tread on your doors

• Sponsors (?)

well lets see. starting from back to front. 7.5 rearend with i think 2.73 gears, c-4 tranny that is nicely done, and you guys wont like this but a 289 with eldelbrock intake manifold, crane cam that is almost stock profile, and your run of the mill holley 600. My intake is illegal but im getting an 85 aluminum intake next week. The 5 lug swap. Aero wheels, hoosier slicks. Not running rear brakes. Oh and the car only weighs 2100 pounds with me in it.
So my next mod is the intake, then 8.8 rearend with 3.50 gears. Then after i gonna get some 650 pound springs for it. need to get my 302 built too