V6 Mustangs and their competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

StangYellow

Founding Member
Sep 11, 2002
I see alot of people on here trying to race other cars and asking if they can possibly win. Well I have found some cars that you guys might have a chance beating. The cars are listed below. You might need some advanced driving skills to beat those pesky Geo Storms. Oh, and recent studies confimr that buying chrome wheels and awful bodykits do not give you the advantage over a v6 Taurus Wagon. Enjoy.

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8 9.9 17.3

1987 Ford Festiva L 10.2 17.8

1996 Ford Taurus LX Wagon 8.9 16.7

1993 Geo Storm GSi 8.7 16.7

http://www.albeedigital.com/superco.../0-60times.html

• Sponsors (?)

StangYellow said:
I see alot of people on here trying to race other cars and asking if they can possibly win. Well I have found some cars that you guys might have a chance beating. The cars are listed below. You might need some advanced driving skills to beat those pesky Geo Storms. Oh, and recent studies confimr that buying chrome wheels and awful bodykits do not give you the advantage over a v6 Taurus Wagon. Enjoy.

For me I think it'd be more fun when I beat YOU

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Damn!
I guess I'm gonna have to do what you did and get a yellow car then. Cause we all know, Yellow = MAD SPEED!!!![/QUOTE]

crap I forgot about that, I'll get a paint job and only then will i beat him

StangYellow said:
I see alot of people on here trying to race other cars and asking if they can ...
HA HA HA *sarcastic laugh* Dude, you're not funny. If you're tryin' to be, sorry it didn't work. If you're trying to instigate flame wars, then you're just a dumb f***. So if your redneck a** does not have anhything to say that's productive, don't say nothin'

lol what do you expect for a 15 grand car... be nice to spend the extra 8k give or take~ for the extra 60hp and tq along wtih a second faster car...

15.5's stock isnt bad though for the 99 up (oops i guess you didnt knwo that lol in 99 they no longer ran 16s.....) with bolt ons you can run high/mid 14s usually high... heads intakes and cam you can see mid 13's so its not a total loss.... i guess you are just an ***hole oh well, i dont care what you drive or who you think you are an ***hole is an ***hole lol

StangYellow said:

:rolleyes: I never would have guessed that this post came from someone with a GT. Well, since you listed some cars for us to beat, then let's get a list of cars that your $25k GT can beat, shall we? Let's see....2000 Chevy Z28....oops...nope, you can't beat that...well, 2000 Trans-Am WS.6..oops, no again...what's going on here? These cars are in the same price range as your GT. Here, let's try imports for a second. 2003 Subaru WRX...nope...still got you beat. 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4...*sigh* You know, I think you should just take your GT up against a Geo Storm...maybe then your so-called "performance" car will stand a chance. Seriously, how can you go around talking smack when your mom's 2004 Nissan Maxima grocery-grabber can smoke you? The GT is :notnice: compared to the other performance cars out there...I think that fact is pretty well known. A yellow stang huh? You should get "Sunshine" put on your plates....it'd be about as tacky as your attitude. I do find it funny though. The GT guys always talk bad about the six, but it seems they spend most of their free time studying the 3.8 :shrug:

Mean03V6 said:
2003 Subaru WRX...nope...still got you beat.

how 'bout NO.

Mean03V6 said:
2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4

that's a fairly close race, equally driven in the 1/4, the GT will edge the 03 SRT-4 out.

Mean03V6 said:
Seriously, how can you go around talking smack when your mom's 2004 Nissan Maxima grocery-grabber can smoke you?

put down the crack pipe. with equal drivers, it ain't happening.

Mean03V6 2003 said:
The GT is :notnice: compared to the other performance cars out there...I think that fact is pretty well known.

as sad as that is, it will still beat your sorry ass.

Mean03V6 said:
it'd be about as tacky as your attitude.

the perverbial pot calling the kettle black.

Mean03V6 said:
The GT guys always talk bad about the six, but it seems they spend most of their free time studying the 3.8 :shrug:

yes, we are all envious of the V6.:hail2:

yes yellow was being a troll, but you are no better.:notnice:

i will state again that i think the V8'ers should stay out of the V6 forums, im pretty sure this is why there are seperate forums
the 2004 wrx STI would have the GT beat, not the wrx, (thats stock to stock) and the srt-4 is not much faster than the wrx, so could be faster than the GT :shrug:
and the rest of the post was sarcastic, although you dont see us V6 owners finding the 4banger mustang forums and eating them alive do you? (hopes to god no one goes and does that)

Ghostalker said:
i will state again that i think the V8'ers should stay out of the V6 forums, im pretty sure this is why there are seperate forums...
NO! :mad: We're all Stangers. We shouldn't let 2 cylinders seperate us. :D We all have Mustangs, and I'm pretty sure nobody bought it because of the amazing Ford quality, or because the car is ahead of its time. They're fun cars, no matter if you have 4, 6, or 8 cylinders draggin' you. So lets stick together :flag:

DBMSTNG said:
how 'bout NO.

that's a fairly close race, equally driven in the 1/4, the GT will edge the 03 SRT-4 out.

put down the crack pipe. with equal drivers, it ain't happening.

as sad as that is, it will still beat your sorry ass.

the perverbial pot calling the kettle black.

yes, we are all envious of the V6.:hail2:

yes yellow was being a troll, but you are no better.:notnice:

i bet you are envious of the 6banger with a big GNX on the side of it.

the fact is the ford 3.8 was copied off of the buick 3.8 which has kicked the $hit out of many a V8 mustang. what can be done to the buick can be done to the ford 3.8 with better results.

not knockin the V8 guys here i have a 99 GT vert too and it is a pathetic piece of crap. an SRT-4 has me by 3 cars. but my procharged 98 3.8 has the SRT-4 by 3 cars so it is all relative to the mods isn't it.

a 3.8 ford can be made to dust just about anything out there if modded right and the same goes for the 4.6. stock to stock yeah the 3.8's are not the best but who cares about stock around here?

it all comes down to how much money and knowledge to build power do you have regardless of 3.8 or 4.6 or 5.0.

i've built them all and all are viable canadates for building serious power

StangYellow said:

And if it's on the internet it's gotta be true! :rolleyes:

First off, I don't believe for a second that a 1987 Ford Festiva can do 0-60 in 10.2 seconds. Secondly, even if it could, who f-ing cares? It is still not a Mustang. It's no secret that the 94-98 V-6 Mustangs weren't the fastest cars ever stock. Styling, handling, tradition, and mod-ability make them good cars to own. Let's see someone mod a Ford Festiva with a reasonable amount of time/money and get the same performance as a modded V-6.

And hey, don't blow me away with your 13.8 second 1/4 mile with 4.10s, timing and exhaust. And judging from your 60', you "couldn't hook up." :rlaugh: There are a lot of guys running 3.8's that would smoke you.

Status
Not open for further replies.